Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bogging problems

Rascal_1
01-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I got a 90 probe V6. My car has just recently started acting up on me. At low rpms my car hesitates and when i accelerate it jerks a bit the goes. i just gave it a fresh tune up and this is the first time this has happened to me.Tell me what you all think. Not much in the car, got cold air intake, 2 3/4 in. straight pipe exaust, accel coil, and one of those p-o-s resistors.

Sleeper_GT
01-11-2005, 07:00 PM
when you did your tune up, did you get a good brand of plug wires? if not i would try that. but first, im not sure on your model, but if you had to get rid of your mass airflow sensor for the cold air intake. try putting on the stock intake, if you still have it. that was the problem on my friends talon.

Rascal_1
01-11-2005, 07:49 PM
ive got a 90 lx V6, 3.0L manual tranny. the wires are the same kind ive always used. bosch 8mm. ive never had this problem before. as for the mass air flow sensor, i dont remember that ever being a problem, ive had the cai for as long as ive had the car.

transgta
01-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Have you tried a fuel filter if not do so could be prob if that doesnt do it could be fuel pump. My trans am bogged on me pontiac said nothing wrong a grand later after injectors etc put in fuel pump prob gone.....

Rascal_1
01-11-2005, 08:04 PM
i dont think its the fuel pump cuz i got that replaced a couple of months ago and the fuel filter i changed along with the rest of the tune-up. do you think it might be my injectors?

transgta
01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Could be an injector but a very costly guess i would pay the fifty bucks to a local garage for a diagnostic test

Probenit94
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
it is your cold air intake the same thing happend to me it is not getting enough air

Add your comment to this topic!