Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

F=150 exhaust

sooline6240
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
My exhaust system is in very bad shape on my 86 f-150. I need to know is it worth trying to patch the system up...... i really cant afford to buy an exspensive exhaust system. there are a few holes in the pipes and when its cold it looks like my bed is smoking. any whoot what kinds of cheap exhaust system could i put on my truck ..... thanks

Sleeper_GT
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
if you have a 4.9/ 300 Straight 6 this is very easy. just check your exhaust from the front to the back and cut it just before where the exhaust gets really bad. then get exhaust pipe that fits over that and put on a muffler (optional). the easy way is to get a 45 degree angle pipe and have it exit right in front of the right rear wheel. top it off with a chrome exhaust tip and no more exhaust leaks and it looks good too. if you have a V8 you can do the same thing but maybe have it exit out both sides. This is very easy and shouldn't take more than a couple hours in the driveway. The most expensive part of this is the muffler. Total, everything should come up to around $50, and that's with a decent brand muffler

Add your comment to this topic!