Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jimmy Digital Dash

ANGELSMAN
01-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Does Anyone Have Advice On Swapping Out A Digital Dash For An Analog One? I Have A Friend Who Is On His Second Digital Dash And Is Fustrated. He Paid 200$ For A Used One (lasted 9 Months) Any Advice Is Greatly Appreciated.

jakes900
01-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Does Anyone Have Advice On Swapping Out A Digital Dash For An Analog One? I Have A Friend Who Is On His Second Digital Dash And Is Fustrated. He Paid 200$ For A Used One (lasted 9 Months) Any Advice Is Greatly Appreciated.

I have a 1994 my dash has gone out several times (BAD NEWS). GOOD NEWS you can fix it yourself. If you look at the back of the circuit board there should be a smaller one attached to it. That is the power supply. your problem lies there. I think is a combination of vibration and heat which breaks the solder joints. Desolder the power supply board and look really close you should be able to see a broken joint. If not heat them all up and resolder to ensure a good connection. It takes a while but it is worth saving the$$$$.
Good luck

savage8190
01-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I would say that your best bet would be too get it repaired by someone who offers a warranty. I had mine done and they did a great job...and the best part is now I dont have to worry about it for years. Definately worth the money and way better than spending your time trying to figure it out yourself or spending the money buying a refab dash which'll cost ya an arm and a leg plus some.

BlazerLT
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Get the rebuilds off of ebay, people swear by them and they never have a problem again.

Add your comment to this topic!