Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Final Warranty Checklist for 2002

north_fur
01-10-2005, 05:06 PM
The factory warranty will soon expire...what/where should I direct and push the garage to inspect before my warranty ends? Any common critical areas of failure for Explorers?

trucku
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I think you should consider and extended warranty plan before you are no longer able to get one. If you read through this forum you will see that the Explorer seems to be plagued with issues and many of them can easily cost more than and extended warranty.
Get a bumper to bumper extended warranty its worth it. I have a 2002 Explorer and my 4x4 has acted up already. about 6 times since I purchased it 4 months ago. I either loose 4x4 mode or it locks into 4x4 mode and on a turn my gears grind and I have to pull over. My tranny also shifts erratically and clunks loudly if I get off of and onto the gas again.
A transmission on one of these trucks are like $2500 or more not including labor. This forum has tons of problems posted with the tranny.

north_fur
01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
The Ford Motor Company with Mr. Ford Junior at the helm needs to act with decisive leadership on the ongoing transmission problems with Ford Explorers.

2002 and 2003 Explorers are too new to have transmission problems without having Ford there to cover it.

To be or not be....accumulated avoidance mistakes (such as ongoing transmission failures on newer Explorers) are leadership mistakes that will eventually catch you Mr. Ford!!

Add your comment to this topic!