Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

freeplay in steering after GM recall service

johnholl
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I have about 3 degrees of freeplay in my steering wheel after my local GM dealer preformed the PS recall service. Is this normal, or should I take the car back to the dealer?

wpbharry
01-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Since my Maxx wasn't affected by the recall (built after the problem was fixed at the plant), I can't give you a firsthand experience. However, MANY folks in Edmund's Town Hall are going through what you are. Involves incorrectly recentering the wheel and then something. In ETH, be sure to search in all 3 relevant forums: Malibu, Malibu Maxx, and Malibu:Problems and Solutions. You needn't become a member to read posts and search.

johnholl
01-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Since my Maxx wasn't affected by the recall (built after the problem was fixed at the plant), I can't give you a firsthand experience. However, MANY folks in Edmund's Town Hall are going through what you are. Involves incorrectly recentering the wheel and then something. In ETH, be sure to search in all 3 relevant forums: Malibu, Malibu Maxx, and Malibu:Problems and Solutions. You needn't become a member to read posts and search.

No, I own a 1998 with a standard PS system, not the Malibu Maxx.

BlackSnake2001
01-12-2005, 10:10 AM
What is this recall? I've only had this 98 Malibu a few weeks and I have not heard of a recall on them.

I'll surf over to Edmunds to check out the information.

Add your comment to this topic!