Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! 90 Camry electrical problems

john_lewin
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey guys,

I have a 90 camry with some electrical problems. The rear running lights lost power (no current to the bulbs), as did the light behind the spedometer gauge (on the dashboard). The fuses for both of these problems are not in the fuse box, if they exist. Any ideas of what part of my car I should be trying to tear apart to find the problem?

Also, I'm putting a new radiator in today. Any tips/warnings would be helpful.

Thanks to anyone who can lend some advice!

John Lewin.

hontoy
01-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 90 camry with some electrical problems. The rear running lights lost power (no current to the bulbs), as did the light behind the spedometer gauge (on the dashboard). The fuses for both of these problems are not in the fuse box, if they exist. Any ideas of what part of my car I should be trying to tear apart to find the problem?

Also, I'm putting a new radiator in today. Any tips/warnings would be helpful.

Thanks to anyone who can lend some advice!

John Lewin.

DID YOU CHECK ALL THE FUSES IN THE FUSE BOX? DASHBOARD AND REAR RUNNING LIGHTS ARE IN THE SAME CIRCUITS.

john_lewin
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Its not the fuses, I checked. I do know that the dashboard light burnt out, I watched it happen, but I would have guessed that its not a series circuit ... eg, would the running lights go out with it? All other real lights are functional, such as blinkers, brake lights, etc ....

hontoy
01-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Its not the fuses, I checked. I do know that the dashboard light burnt out, I watched it happen, but I would have guessed that its not a series circuit ... eg, would the running lights go out with it? All other real lights are functional, such as blinkers, brake lights, etc ....

I DID NOT SAY THEY ARE SERIES CONNECTED..FOR SOME REASON, DASHBOARD LIGHT AND REAR RUNNING LIGHT SHARES THE SAME FUSE..SEEN THIS HAPPENED ON MANY CAMRYS WHEN THEY INSTALL CAR ALARM..

Add your comment to this topic!