Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'95 avalon valve cover gasket leaks

'94 avalon
01-10-2005, 12:46 AM
The valve cover gaskets on my 1995 avalon leak. Any source for procedure to change? Looks like I will have to take some of the intake system off to access rear valve cover. I'm concerned about mucking up fuel system.

Thanks in advance.

Scott1234
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
My 95 has started to leak also. Did you change your gasket, and did you have any problems or advice.

Scott

The valve cover gaskets on my 1995 avalon leak. Any source for procedure to change? Looks like I will have to take some of the intake system off to access rear valve cover. I'm concerned about mucking up fuel system.

Thanks in advance.

magnumtoy
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Did either of you guys ever get to this procedure? Any problems with it? I'm going to need to replace my '96 Avalon gasket, at least the front, it's starting to leak. There goes my nice clean engine.

Scott1234
03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I changed the front gasket with no real problem, other than changing the spark plug gaskets, and they were a bear getting the old ones out and the new ones in, but have not tried to tackle the rear. Looks like to many parts to remove. And I really don't want to mess things up.

Scott

magnumtoy
03-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks. I'm still waiting for the weather to warm up just a bit to do this job. Yeah, it looks like the rear cover will be a bitch to get to, but I'm gonna try it. Any advice for getting the spark plug seals out and in? I ordered them too 'cause the manual suggested doing it while the cover was off. Did they look like they really needed to be replaced when you did get them out? In other words, was it wasted time for you to even replace them? The dealer parts guy said he hasn't seen many people come to order them as replacement parts. I wonder if I should bother.

I'll let you know how the rear cover replacement goes - I'll try to document it, (and take some photos) mostly so I don't get "lost" while taking off the intake.

Thanks again.

csaxon
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/medium/0900823d8013e6c2.gif

You don't get in this area very often, so look at all packing and sealing materials etc for replacement.

Ignore the arrow, but the water hose under the 2 should always be replaced.

Add your comment to this topic!