Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Explorer

juniorsbud
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
My fiance' has this vehicle and for some reason it wont start. When you turn the key you just get a thud noise..it wont start. He's checked the silinoid and starter changed the relay still nothing. Can you help?? (I say its the alternator)

heathermom49
01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
the starter???????? look again...thats what was my new problem

Airhead315
01-09-2005, 09:09 PM
My fiance' has this vehicle and for some reason it wont start. When you turn the key you just get a thud noise..it wont start. He's checked the silinoid and starter changed the relay still nothing. Can you help?? (I say its the alternator)

Does the truck have an alarm system installed? Is it possible one exsists you dont know about? If this is possible then perhaps when the battery was disconnected at some point the car alarm engaged and is now function as it should and immobilizing it..

Or...perhaps they sold him a bad starter or solenoid...that does happen...make sure he knows the starter is functioning before he assumes theres something else wrong...or...just take it back and say it didnt work..theyll give you a new one..that should bring your chances of getting another bad one down to...1.5%

Aaron

Add your comment to this topic!