Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 bonneville heating issues

jmp29
01-09-2005, 11:40 AM
This seems to be a common theme here with the heat thing. I believe my problem is with the air-mix door actuator, but I want to run it by y'all and see if you have any input. First, I had the classic, fan is running but no air is coming out senario. A quick cleaning of the condenser took care of that. Now I have air flow, but no heat. The wierd part is, when I start the car, I'll have heat for about 15-30 seconds, then it will start to blow cold again. If I'm going down the road, just put the car in neutral, shut if off and start it again, and then I'll have heat for another 30 seconds or so. Occasionally, the heat will work for a day. All day long, no matter how many times I shut off or start the vehicle. Then, the next day, back to not working. My temperature indicator on the climate control does flash. So I'm thinking it's the actuator. Any other suggestions?

Jared

randman1
01-09-2005, 12:05 PM
The good news is that you can go into diagnostic mode right from the control head. 93 was the last year to have this ability. Send me a private message (click PM below this post) with your email address and I'll send you the diagnostic procedure. This way you can be sure that it's the actuator

Add your comment to this topic!