Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

alarm going off

r73runner
01-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Anybody got a problem with the alarm going off when starting with a Viper remote starter? Only when it gets cold.

Brought it back to where I had installed they said it's not the remote starter. I know the dealer will say, It's the remote starter.

We tryed to unlock the doors first before starting & it went off when unlocking.

When it's warmer in the daytime it works fine.

I know because of the alarm system that the remote starter has to unlock the doors first before starting.

Anybody got any Ideas? 2004 Sequoia Thanks

r73runner
02-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Anybody got a problem with the alarm going off when starting with a Viper remote starter? Only when it gets cold.

Brought it back to where I had installed they said it's not the remote starter. I know the dealer will say, It's the remote starter.

We tryed to unlock the doors first before starting & it went off when unlocking.

When it's warmer in the daytime it works fine.

I know because of the alarm system that the remote starter has to unlock the doors first before starting.

Anybody got any Ideas? 2004 Sequoia Thanks

Finally got the dealer that put in the remote starter to do something about the problem,
He by passed the door locking system, so the alarm does not go off when starting anymore. He should of done that the first time.

Add your comment to this topic!