Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp for a !1991!

Supa_chink
03-09-2002, 12:37 AM
From various other posts, My amp is suppose to be under my rear speakers (nope), under my seats, or "underneath the backseats." Can anyone help me find out exactly where my amp is. Someone was pretty content for it being under the backseats. The question is: how would one gain access to the amp. again, i drive a 1991 g20

boingo82
03-09-2002, 03:27 AM
Don't know about 1991, but in 1994, there were 2 amps, one for each rear speaker, bolted on in the trunk right next to the speakers. If it comes down to it I have 2 spare that I might be able to send you.

Supa_chink
03-09-2002, 09:04 AM
On the '91 they don't seem to be there.... I am almost positive the amp exist, its just that I can't seem to find the location of them/it. The reason i want to know where it is: so i can replace them cuz they made my speakers sound like ass.

cplessl
03-09-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm not exactly sure, and I've never seen it, but on my '91, the local car audio shop said that it was in the space between the trunk wall and the right rear wheel well. I'm pretty sure it's in there, just pull back the liner and you should be able to find it with a flashlight.

mattG20
03-09-2002, 08:26 PM
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the front speakers are powered by the deck it-self and the rear speakers are powered by a second amp.
I believe that if you open up the little door in the trunk where the jack is, you look to the left and right after the power antenna you should see what should be the amp for the rear speakers.

Supa_chink
03-13-2002, 11:01 PM
I see a controller box (or what I think it is), I don't think its the amp. Is it past this box b/c I can't see past it. When I pull back the liner, a metal plate meets mem and I don't know if I can remove it.

Add your comment to this topic!