Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help me! I need to remove main panel on Malibu 2000

MS user
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Periodically contact vanishes in wires connected to the ignition switch. And the motor stops or is not got - depends on a situation.
It is necessary (it I think so) to check up contacts in wires connected to the switch, because when I push a hand from below under the main panel and I swing wires ignitions going to the switch contact is restored and the car start normaly.
I dont know how to disassemble or remove all the main panel to reach the back party of the panel.
Somebody knows what and where screws of fastening need to be unscrewed to remove it?

Michael

gapboi210
01-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I am not sure what you are talking about. Full complete coherent sentences would help. If you are talking about the ignition is is fairly simple. Remove the plastic ring around the ignition, it says OFF, ACC, etc. It just snaps out. Then remove the plastic trim that surrounds the radio, A/C control. This will pop out also. Just use slow pressure and work your way around and it will pop off. This will give you full access to the ignition switch.

MS user
01-08-2005, 04:42 PM
to gapboi210
Thanks, it's OK.
But it's desirable for me to lift all "Insrumental panel" to examine attentively all connections around, and not just a switch. Now I need more accsess to check up all wires and connections around, because I don't know what wires I touch that contact in ignition has appeared.
I need to know in what points this panel is fastened and how to remove it. Is it rises upwards, either is shifted forward, or inclined downwards and forward???
Michael.

Harryc8786
01-09-2005, 11:47 PM
First off take out the 2 screws above the speedometer. I used a flat head screw driver to pull the panels off... You have to work the whole dash off because its one piece. If you wedge out the trim that says malibu by the passenger, and tug it gently working yout way to the driver side. That whole piece will carfeully come out. I think to totally remove it, you need to disconnect the wires behind the Hazardlights button. and over where you can dim your insrument panel those wires pull out. Ontop the steering wheel base is like a little cover that pulls off. Once you remove all those then you have the access you need. Your on your own after that, I took out my speedometer before I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Add your comment to this topic!