Oil Change @ Kings Infiniti

NyC G20
03-08-2002, 02:43 PM
My 1st oil change i did @ 1,000 miles and now my car is @ 4,095 so made and appointment and went in. This time it took them a bit longer, but what get is me is the bill... $61 freggin dollars. for what!!! the 1st oil change was complimentary and now it's gonna be 61 bucks for 20 min worth of work, get this parts they charged me 20 dollars labor they charged me 38, for .5hrs. What a joke. Never again. I'd rather do this shit myself.

lukeyc3
03-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Did they have any rates posted or anything? Oil Changes should be half that at least, maybe more...I get my oil changed for $27....Did they use synthetic, because that would make the difference?

If they just ripped you off I would not do business there again.

howard_w13
03-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by NyC G20
My 1st oil change i did @ 1,000 miles and now my car is @ 4,095 so made and appointment and went in. This time it took them a bit longer, but what get is me is the bill... $61 freggin dollars. for what!!! the 1st oil change was complimentary and now it's gonna be 61 bucks for 20 min worth of work, get this parts they charged me 20 dollars labor they charged me 38, for .5hrs. What a joke. Never again. I'd rather do this shit myself.
:mad: $61 FREAKING BUCKS FOR G**DAM OIL CHANGE?!?!? WTF?!? DID THAT INCLUDE THE COMPLIMENTARY CAR CLEANING BS TOO?!?:angryfire :aug2: :badass:
http://www.g20.net/maint_oil.html
http://www.se-r.net/engine/change_oil.html
Dude, you got better things to waste your money on, like mods and upgrades!:D
After you see how ez it is to change your oil you'll kick yourself for throwing away your money! $60?!? Sheeesh!

bump909
03-08-2002, 03:47 PM
yeah howard is right. if you learned anything from this, it's to change your oil yourself! :)

TRBOBRK
03-08-2002, 03:47 PM
$34.77 out in Seattle

->Change the oil
->Check all the other fluids and top them off if needed.
->Inspect a bunch of stuff on the underneath while they have the car floating above thier head.
->Check battery level
->Rotate tires
->Wash exterior and Vaccum interior
->Slap on dealer licence plate frames :mad:

Not bad for $35...It is only every three months, maybe less depending how far I drive. I figure it comes out to about less than $3 a week to keep it going.

NyC G20
03-08-2002, 04:02 PM
yeah the complimentary car wash was the car wash across the street, they gave me a coupon for a free full wash, but u know what the sad part, THATS WHERE I BOUGHT MY BRAND NEW G20, I gave those fuckers 22,500 and they cant even do me right with a lousy oil change.

howard_w13
03-09-2002, 04:13 PM
yeah the complimentary car wash was the car wash across the street, they gave me a coupon for a free full wash, but u know what the sad part, THATS WHERE I BOUGHT MY BRAND NEW G20, I gave those fuckers 22,500 and they cant even do me right with a lousy oil change.
I doubt that it would make any difference, but have you tried the Infiniti consumer affairs hotline? (I can't seem to find it right now.) For some reason I feel that what happened to you is something that should at least be reported. I don't think you can argue about the $20 bill for parts(damn stealerships charge $15.00 for the oil filter :mad: )but for an oil change to take 30 mins is way too long. I can change mine in about 15-20 mins tops. Before I went postal, I should have asked you what else they did to your car other than the oil change. Of course, for a car to need service at 4k miles does raise an eyebrow.:huh:
Tellin' ya NYCG20, report 'em. ;)

JasIzBac
03-09-2002, 04:39 PM

haha 61 bucks that it? when i went to get my first oil at the dealership here in Santa Clara, California (my dad forced me to!) they charged me, guess what.....138 bucks:flipa::finger: , i was like why don't you just bend me over and fuck me instead of fuckin me like this

G20 SpoRt 2002
03-09-2002, 05:01 PM

Damn that seems a little to expensive... I used to change my own oil on my old car but this one I rather bring it in.. :flash:

howard_w13
03-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by JasIzBac

haha 61 bucks that it? when i went to get my first oil at the dealership here in Santa Clara, California (my dad forced me to!) they charged me, guess what.....138 bucks:flipa::finger: , i was like why don't you just bend me over and fuck me instead of fuckin me like this
Hey yall, out of curiousity, how much does your stealership charge for oil change? Gunn Inifiniti here in San Antonio charges $29.95.

Cue-Ball
03-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Why do you guys even bother going to the dealership for a simple thing like an oil change? Go to one of the quick lube places and get it done for 1/2 the price. Last time i had my oil changed i also had them change the lube in the tranny (5-speed). Both fluids were replaced with semi-symthetic lubes, the chassis was lubed, the car was vacuumed, my air filter was changed, etc. All this for ~$60, IIRC and i was out of there in less than 1/2 hour.

Having your oil changed somewhere other than the dealer won't void your warranty, so why pay more?

G20inDE
03-09-2002, 08:10 PM
I just got mine changed and it was 34.95- I thought that was high but i guess not, I am in Delaware.

NyC G20
03-09-2002, 08:58 PM
All I gotta is, "you learn from your mistakes," this wont ever happen again. Before I even got the oil change I had to call them up and make an appointment, I asked the receptionist how much would an oil change run me, she replied "I dont know." I let that go and figured from my past oil change experiences @ Nissan Dealerships it cant be more than 20 bucks since thats how much nissan charged me for my pathfinder and altima. If infiniti would tell me 60 right away, i would just tell em to kiss my ass, but i never bothered to actually find out and thats my punishment, from here on in it's all manual oil changes. I'll just buy the oil filter @ Infiniti or maybe even nissan since it is a nissan part.

howard_w13
03-11-2002, 10:04 AM
All I gotta is, "you learn from your mistakes," this wont ever happen again. Before I even got the oil change I had to call them up and make an appointment, I asked the receptionist how much would an oil change run me, she replied "I dont know." I let that go and figured from my past oil change experiences @ Nissan Dealerships it cant be more than 20 bucks since thats how much nissan charged me for my pathfinder and altima. If infiniti would tell me 60 right away, i would just tell em to kiss my ass, but i never bothered to actually find out and thats my punishment, from here on in it's all manual oil changes. I'll just buy the oil filter @ Infiniti or maybe even nissan since it is a nissan part.
Go to www.infinitipartsusa.com for your oil filter.

napakapa
03-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by JasIzBac

Hey Jasizbac, that's Frontier Infiniti huh? I didnt go to any service until 15,000 miles, and they charged me I think $190~ with coupon already, just a normal 15k service, bunch of inspection. Nothing they have done really. I do all my oil changing myself, 4x$4(sythetic)=16 +$4(oil filter)=20 bucks.

napakapa
03-11-2002, 10:39 AM

You get also find Oil filters at Kragen, I use penzoil, and the orange one(shit forgot the name now) also makes it.

Add your comment to this topic!