Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater blower stays on key off 2000

wayne preney
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
killed my battery and con tinued to act the same for several days,then it fixed it self. I never had the chance to pull the fuse box cover to check for water.

Fishfry
02-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Have the same problem with my 2001. Turned off ignition fan came on
went to pull fuse, but before i could it stopped, went back inside, listened under steering wheel heard Crackling and relays clicking.
Removed neg cable to keep from burning up.

Did you ever find the problem ?

jackb
03-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I have a '97 expedition and have had the same problem happen 2 times. Including the relays under the dash clicking. I have found that if the PATS fuse is pulled from the under dash fuse box the blower stops, but you lose the speedometer. Both times the problem fixed itself. Have you found the solution?

ibdagriff
04-02-2008, 11:35 PM
i had this same problem on my 2000 expedition. this was sometime in 2003-2004...the blower won't shut off, lights stayed on all night, battery went dead, electronics were going haywire. ford told me that the front window (factory installed window mind you) was leaking water down behind the dash onto the electonics "brain". i was under warranty, so they replaced the brain, but won't do it unless i put in and paid for a new front window install. i argued that it was factory and it shouldn't leak! no go...i had to pay for a new window install, they replaced the faulty brain and everything works great ever since.

babstinger
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a 2000 Expedition. We had heavy rains yesterday and I had the very same problem last night - heater blower stayed on after key was off. When I turned the controls to off, I heard the rapid clicking under the dash. Now this morning, I got 5 beeps from under the dash, and it repeated several times (like each time I stopped while on a regulated freeway on-ramp). Once I got up to speed, the beeps stopped.

We had the windshield re-sealed a few years ago because water was leaking in on the inside of the windshield. Since that happened, the odometer has never worked correctly - it lights up, goes dim or completely out, then back on, etc.

I'm assuming I need a new "brain" aka the GEM. But if that's just going to get soaked again, I don't see the use. The window leak needs to be fixed first. Any ideas how to do that?

Add your comment to this topic!