Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 jeep grand cherokee fog lights

neowedge
01-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Where is the foglight relay located on a 1996 jeep grand cherokee limited V8. Can anyone tell me what the relays are for adjacent to the passenger fuse panel. My owners manual and Chilton book do not cover these relays. Champion told be there are three relays for my vehicle that I can't find. One the relay for the fog lights? Two the relay for my trailer towing lights? Three the relay for my dome lights? My fog lights quit working bulbs and fuses are O.K. I've checked the fuses in the power distubution center behind the battery an according to my manual the fog light relay is not located there. The relays there are for ABS, fuel pump, transmission etc... Any help would be great! Thanks!

JDPascal
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
The fog lite relay is on the right front fender, the trailer lite relays under the right trim panel in the back and the dome lite relay is in the junction block with the electronic flasher and cig. liter relay under the dash.

JD

See below for further info..........

japples
11-20-2005, 03:37 PM
turn signals dont work on my 98 jgc. book schematic says i have electronic flashers but does not tell me where its located. found the canister type one forthe emer. flashers but they work. any ideas???

taxman9
11-23-2005, 08:32 AM
JD can you elaberate more on the 'front fender' for the fog lights. Mine havent workes since I bought the jeep, I cant seem to get the bulbs out either to check them, there are two screws on the bottom of each light but I dont think thats the right way, any suggestions on replacing the bulbs (how to)?
96 JGC laredo I6

JDPascal
11-26-2005, 01:07 PM
JD can you elaberate more on the 'front fender' for the fog lights.

When I looked up the info, the chiltons said the "right front wheel house". I interpreted that to mean the fender. Obviously I was suckin wind thru the wrong end on that one.

The 96 has the fog lite relay in the fuse panel in the right front "kick panel" just ahead of the front passenger door. My owners manual says it is in position "H". if you have the diagram. If you need a fuse panel or PDC diagram, pm me and we can arrange to get you one.

Mine havent workes since I bought the jeep, I cant seem to get the bulbs out either to check them, there are two screws on the bottom of each light but I dont think thats the right way, any suggestions on replacing the bulbs (how to)? 96 JGC laredo I6

Not sure on how, exactly, to get to the bulbs on fog lites. Either the front lense comes off or the bulb socket will be a twist lock in the back of the housing. I was going to install the factory fog lites but just the lite units were $150 cdn each so I postponed that idea indefinitly untill I can locate some units at the "recyclers".

Hope that helps some and I can redeem myself.:rolleyes:

JD

JDPascal
11-26-2005, 01:11 PM
turn signals dont work on my 98 jgc. book schematic says i have electronic flashers but does not tell me where its located. found the canister type one forthe emer. flashers but they work. any ideas???

The 96 GJC has the electronic flasher in the fuse block in the right front kick panel. Not sure which location right off and my wife has the Jeep out shopping today...:eek:

JD

Add your comment to this topic!