Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trunk Lights

stoned_pimp420
01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
A friend of mine has a 1991 T-Bird and not the brakelights but the trunk lights i guess thats what their called, the ones behind the bird emblem on the trunk lid won't work, we've replaced the bulbs and we couldn't find a fuse to these lights if anyone could help me, my friend would greatly appreciate it.

RickwithaTbird
01-06-2005, 11:23 PM
you couldnt find a blown fuse, or you just couldnt find a fuse at all?

stoned_pimp420
01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I couldn't find a blown fuse but there is no power getting back there.

flewthecoupe
01-07-2005, 04:01 PM
on your tail/brake lights, do the tail lights come on?

J_ROC812004
01-08-2005, 07:47 AM
i think he means the lights that have the emblem on them

flewthecoupe
01-08-2005, 11:00 AM
i think he means the lights that have the emblem on them

This I understand. When the headlamps are turned on the whole back panel will light up to include the tail lamp portion of the tail/brake light assembly.

94GreenBeast
01-12-2005, 08:12 AM
I had something similar so I pulled every single fuse in the panel under tehe dash. I eventually found one that was blown. It was for something totally unrelated to the lights, but hey it fixed it. Find a needle nose pliers, dont try to use your fingers.

leggss6
03-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I have a 93 Tbird & I believe the lights are the same. These lights are called reflectors. They are a series of little leds on a circuit board mounted so they shine on this mirror like reflector.
Mine over the years weren't sealed very well anymore & it got wet & shorted & burned the circuit board.
FORD wants over $300 for one of these assemblies. 93 was the last year they used this reflector too many problems & not very customer friendly.
We removed the light unit & cut a door in the back so we could get the circuit board out. Repaired the board, RTV'd the door back in place, works like a champ & didn't pay FORD a dime.

JR Tigerstar
03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
A friend of mine has a 1991 T-Bird and not the brakelights but the trunk lights i guess thats what their called, the ones behind the bird emblem on the trunk lid won't work, we've replaced the bulbs and we couldn't find a fuse to these lights if anyone could help me, my friend would greatly appreciate it.
There is a good reason they don't work.
'89-'91 Thunderbirds reflector panels do not light up.

Mike75
03-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a 93 Tbird & I believe the lights are the same. These lights are called reflectors. They are a series of little leds on a circuit board mounted so they shine on this mirror like reflector.
Mine over the years weren't sealed very well anymore & it got wet & shorted & burned the circuit board.
FORD wants over $300 for one of these assemblies. 93 was the last year they used this reflector too many problems & not very customer friendly.
We removed the light unit & cut a door in the back so we could get the circuit board out. Repaired the board, RTV'd the door back in place, works like a champ & didn't pay FORD a dime.
Thanks, leggss6! I have a 93 also, and was wondering where in the hell the bulbs were for my tail lights. The driver side does not illuminate very well, as there are dark vertical lines going up and down all the way across it. Now it makes sense. Anyone know what year 'bulbed' tail light assemblies will fit on my 93 3.8L LX trunk? I would just as soon replace the whole damn thing before messing with this circuit board.

JR Tigerstar
03-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone know what year 'bulbed' tail light assemblies will fit on my 93 3.8L LX trunk?

Any '93-'95 Thunderbird LX will fit/match.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Tigerstar/Thunderbirdreflecterpanel93-95.jpg

'93-'95 Super Coupes & '96/'97 Thunderbirds did not have the black bottoms.

'93 Super Coupe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Tigerstar/Meet02-19-050051.jpg

'96 LX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Tigerstar/FEB2005good51.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!