Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where to buy complete SRT4 engine?

Josh_is1
01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
ok i can't find any sites that sell any srt4 engines... Besides ebay. Does anyone know of any trustworthy sites that sells complete srt4 engines?
Thanks

TEXSRT4
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
if your looking for a used motor, check out www.srtforums.com. or if you are looking for a killer setup go to www.socalsrt4.com click on the socal link and do a search for a forged motor! they sell an entire motor kit that is fully upgraded, you choice of compression, etc... or you can always get it from a wrecking yard - enough kids are wrecking them - or from the dealer. they go for about $4000

Josh_is1
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
well i didn't find one at the second link... can you link me directly to it? thanks

TEXSRT4
01-05-2005, 07:34 PM
here's the link: http://www.socalsrt4.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1084

this kit is killer, and the vendor goes out of their way to help out their customers!!!

Josh_is1
01-05-2005, 07:45 PM
thanks man... but is that an srt4 engine? anyway does anyone know any other sites. like i know sites that sell Sr20DET's but i can't find any srt4 engines... but you said you can get one from a dealer, how? this info is for my friend, but his best bet would prolly be the junk yard, but i know he needs a complete engine w/ all the stuff so the swap goes smoothly...

TEXSRT4
01-05-2005, 08:30 PM
yeah thats an srt motor. you can head on down to your local dodge dealer and hit up the parts department. ask for the srt motor. if they ask for a VIN number, thats because they need that number to pull it up on the computer. have your buddy go to the srt on the lot and write down that number. the reason you cant find this motor like you can almost every other one is this. the motor has only been in the states since 2003. its found in only the SRT4 and PT crusier GT (PT has a different intake manifold and intercooler). the first car that this motor was used in was the stratus in mexico in 2002 and up. it IS a different motor than the 2.4L in the new stratus or even the base PT. they have a lot higher compression and lack the beefy internals and piston oil squirters

Josh_is1
01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
ohh sweet so you can just order the motor from a local dodge dealer... does it come w/ everthing need for the swap? sorry for so many questions but i don't know much about these motor swaps... and im only 16 lol

TEXSRT4
01-05-2005, 10:54 PM
no worries about the questions, we have to learn somewhere right? yes you can buy the engine direct from your dodge dealer. infact you can buy anything that comes on a car from the factory at that coresponding dealership. if you want a new Ford GT40 motor with supercharger, you can walk right into your local ford dealership and order it right up - mind you, you will have to pay for it, but you can get it. you will need to make sure you get everything, but you can get it all from the same place. you want a "turn key" motor - make sure that comes with all the sensors, the exhaust/turbo mainfold - comes with turbo, you will need a computer, and i recommend an intercooler, either a stock SRT one, or an aftermarket one - depending on what its going in and what will fit. that should be good for you.

Josh_is1
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
ok thanks man, i appreciatte it :)

Add your comment to this topic!