Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking into a 2004 V6 Mazda 6

shofun93
01-05-2005, 10:35 AM
My wife and I are looking for a more reliable, sports sedan and are in the works to finalize a possible buy for a white 2004 v6 mazda 6 and was wondering if there were any aftermarket out there for the new engine?

I have been looking with no luck for hours online with nothing but cold air induction, and that was only for the 4 banger..

Any turbo option/upgrades?

I have a 95 Taurus SHO that has been an award winner, but I am ready to move on and the reilability of the SHO has been shaky at best lately.

Thanks for your help

Jeremy

92rs25th
01-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Yes there is tons of upgrades but most you can only order from japan. If you want a real car...wait until the 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 release.

275 - low est. HP , AWD , Turbocharged @ 7 psi stock with instant upgrades - Turbo , waste gates , etc. Within 6 month period after street release , Top speed - 150 MPH , 0-60 in 6 seconds low est..

But if you want the V6 mazda 6 now , You can get a cold air intake from Injen for the V-6 , You can get a spark control upgrade , You can get slotted rotors and kevlar brakes , Ractive puts out a oem replacement bolt on exhaust system for around 600 dough with a 28 HP increase to the crank and 15 at the wheels. Lets see , I've done a load of things to my six. You can get a pedal set up jdm style polished stainless steel. takes a while to install though about an hour. umm..Mazda Speed offers a clear tail light set up. There is a few companies floating around that offer a front end lip kit and side skirt kit. i heard someone will be producing headers within the next 2 months for both the 4 and the 6 cyl. Uhhmm..Some companies are in process of burning chips. You could always hook up a msd ignition system. Do nitrous oxide , Get a high flow cat that is 50 legal up to a 5.0 litre engie for max flow. theres all kinds of things you can get / do.

shofun93
01-06-2005, 05:51 AM
And where can I go about getting these things? How about FI upgrades like Turbo or S/c?

92rs25th
01-06-2005, 02:00 PM
there aren't any turbos or super chargers offered yet for the Mazda 6 and I don't supsect there will be any soon. Your local dealer should carry the exhaust items , Injen does a direct oem replacement 50 state legal cold air intake with direct bolt in MAF sensor. I put one on mine and the differences was awsome. The chips are still in the works. You can find kevlar brakes and rotors online , I ordered mine off ebay and they work just fne. You can probably find a universal hi-flo cat at any auto parts store but if you want a nifty one , look online at the performance shops You can get iridium plugs for more bang. You can get a MSD 6AL at almost any Autozone or Checker. Get a Optima battery and gold terminals for more output.You can custom fab up some 8.5 mm MSD wires. if you use the old boots off the factory wires.

shofun93
01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Cool thanks! I am still waiting to hear from the bank to see if I need to use the $6k that I will be getting from the sale of my SHO, but if I don't I might look into a custom TT setup. I did see one on ebay. I also saw on mazdaforums.com that there were issues with trannies? Is this true? I have had PLENTY of tranny nightmares with the Taurus SHOs to last me a lifetime...

92rs25th
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
well i beat the living shit out of mine , using it in manual , taking it up to 6800 - 7ooo rpm before I shift into the next gear and I do this on a daily basis. My car now has 19,300 miles on it and it runs top notch just like it did since the first day. The tranny shifts smooth and fast like it should. no lags , nothin. The only 'real' problem witht he mazda 6 is people complain about the brake dust from the factory brakes from "Mazda" I really don't care though.

marcinl
01-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Same thing here i own a 2004 mazda6 4 cylinder and it runs great. But sometimes when the gears are switching it pulls the car its not smooth , maybe becuse i have the tornado inside the throttle body? what it does it changet air into tornado and the air is denser or something. You could tell the difference on the highway.

92rs25th
01-11-2005, 01:53 AM
The tornado is crap by itself. Order a cold air intake form injen for 206 USD and gain about 12 hp and about 6 of that to the wheels. 14lbs torque. I put one on mine and I have an automatic. Pushing the injen intake made my wheels burn out all the time now. WHich was nearly impossible with a stock M-6 i

Add your comment to this topic!