Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

automatic transmission problem.

stvhull
01-04-2005, 08:37 PM
hello everyone.

i have a 99 malibu with only 100000km on it. since last year i saw many problem with this car. first was the coolant leaking from the intake manifol gasket wich was replace at dealer cost. then the 2 weel bearing assy in front also covered. then the water pump. then the alternator wich left me alone in the GM dealer. yes beleive me this is a good one. the alternator was done and it was not on warranty. i actually change it in front of the garare door in front of all the mecanic woriking inside. they were going to charge me about 700$ for a new one. took it to a place were they rebuilt it and it only cost me 80$. then took it back and install it in front of the mecanic at GM dealer again.

now i have 2 others big problem.

the idle is not constant.

going from 800rpm to 400 then back to 1300. its a fuck..... rollor coster. i did verify some voltage and i was able to see that at the IAT there was no 5v, verify if the cable was loose, nothing. i had the chance to talk with someone who know a little bit about this he told me that the alternator will change for an idle of +/- 650 lower than this the alternator will stop chanrging. so i know that my problem is not the alternator because i can see it beginning to change above the 650. left is the actuall wirering of the car or the PCM. i sure hope that it is not that PCM.

if someone as ever saw this problem before or a wirering issue in there car please let me know.

ok my other problem is that my transmission is going KOOOOKOOOO

it is shifting hard, very hard. i am not sure if the PCM is faulty and not giving away is 5v if the transmission will be afected also.

let me know if you know something about this.

ViperJ
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
On the 2nd problem I had that to, the intake gasket was replaced and that fixed the problem. I also had it happen again when I put in the cold air intake, I forgot to put the sensor back in the intake, once I di that it was fine.

treeman5
01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
I had a problem with the idle "bouncing"...it was a bad O2 sensor.

troy1
01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
trans is in fail safe dont keep driving it or you can bust up parts inside.

Add your comment to this topic!