Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Autoparts Online..Maf sensor..HELP

solaris=amazing
01-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok long story short, my maf sensor is f**ked. It's putting out .01 voltage at idle, to low. I need to find a place that sells aftermarket sensors for my 95 4.6. Every place i find sells the entire aluminum housing, WITH the sensor, all i need is the sensor.

BTW, how good do you think a sensor out of a car in a junk yard would be..? Just the sensor would be MUCH cheaper than the sensor with that aluminum intake housing.

thunderbird muscle
01-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't try just replacing the sensor. You can buy a brand new one from ford for around 150-170 maybe less. This isn't that bad compared to some of the other senors. A junkyard isn't a place I like to look for sensors but if you want to give it a try see if they will give you a warranty on it.

Good luck.

solaris=amazing
01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks, i found a place, www.directauto.com and i'm gonna give them a call tomorrow.

They have a brand new sensor for a 94-95 4.6 for like $45, hopefully this is not one of those to-good-to-be-true-deals. BTW, i can just replace the stock sensor, no problems with the aluminum housing. I replaced them tamper proof torx t8's with allen head screwes.

Add your comment to this topic!