Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 4wd problems

rmps11
01-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a 94 blazer and can't seem to get the 4wd to work right. both light for the 4wd will light when you push 4hi and will blink several times and then go out and nothing. If i put it in neutral and push 4hi it and then into park, both lights will stay on. I can get it to work right if i unhook the battery for 10 minutes and let the computer reset, but after several days,(sence the last time i tried it) it stop working. after i unhook the battery, the dash lights flash for several minutes and then stop and start flashing again after a minutes two, is there a special way you need to let the computer reset other then just unhooking for 10 min. and starting back up. any help?

crazys182003
01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
if you do a search on this forum for 4x4 problems I am sure you will find a lot of info. If the disconnecting the battery does work than I believe it is a new encoder you need. The disconenct of the battery has been said numerous tiems on this forum that it is only a temperary fix and can be used to pinpoint the exact problem in most people's cases.

texwill
01-05-2005, 03:10 AM
I have read a few others and they said something about the encoder as well as the acuator for the 4x system

Add your comment to this topic!