Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 sierra lemon

bblinda129
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Hello all, I have been watching for awhile, but I finally decided to post. I have a 2004 sierra extended cab z-71 that is junk. At 1,000 miles i had a 4x4 light come on, no big deal, but the ac made a hissing noise, two visits later a tsb was produced(normal operation of course). Since then, I have the clunk in the drivetrain at 11mph(anti lock self test tsb), I have the clunk when shifting from second to third(tsb normal operation). The headliner is falling down(ordered, one month wait). Loud noise in instrument panel(engineers trying to come up with a fix, maybe available in march. This is the biggest 33,000$ piece of junk I have ever seen. I called gmc and they just called the dealer and was told the same thing that I was. Then she had the nerve to ask if I was satisfied? Duh. My brother in law is a district director for a congressman from kentucky, he called gm's government relations guy, I am still waiting to hear from them. Bbb is next, has anyone had any luck dealing with these same problems? Thanks in advance.

scarl
01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I just had mediation between gm and myself and BBB for the clunking hard shift. I have not got answer back yet everything is normal of course tsb. Make sure when you go to the dealer to get repairs keep all paper it may be a good thing to keep alog write everything down. When you get the paper work from the dealer make sure that the problem was writen down correctly by service manager this is important. Dont wait contact the BBB get a start on this.

scarl
01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
You can email me if you need to I be more than glad to see if I can help. Seems every problem they cant fix they put out tsb and say its normal.

bblinda129
01-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Through the zone manager, i was offered a trade to a 2005. I would have to pay the difference in the stickers plus .20 cents a mile. I took the free 100,000 mile drive train warranty, plus a promise to have a gm engineer personally troubleshoot it. I wouldn't hold my breath though. I'll just have to keep fighting. I read somewhere on here that someone replaced there u-joints with ones with grease fittings on them. Let me know how your situation works out.

Add your comment to this topic!