Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

First Gen 83' Rx7 inquiries

)2edline
01-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I've put off the subject matter of bringing my 7 back up to date, and the specs on the 83' rx7 have really been holding me back. The 4x110 bolt pattern alone has limited my aftermarket wheel choice to the expensive, Kosei K1's from tirerack, or watanabe lookalike wheels from victoria british company. Also, and aftermarket cd player stereo system has also been giving me lots of problems approaching the area, with the limited choice of head units that will "fit". Just to ask any other First Gen owners who have overcome either or both the 4x110 bolt pattern wheel problem to get something more stylish or up to date, or the aftermarket cd player installation into the dash without "too" much custom fabrication, I just wanted to receive some help or feedback to help me, Thanks

D3rELiC
01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
gsl-se (1st gen 13b EFI 84-85) have a 4x114.3 bolt pathern, bigger front brake and bigger lsd/rear axle along with rear disk brakes, this is the way to go, some ppl wer even able to use T2 (turbo Fcs) disk and their front 4 puck caliper with some machining. if you dont have rear disk brakes, this is the best option, because you dont have lsd either

as for the stereo system, im a cheap bastard and i like the stock unit, im using a toshiba cassette with a wire that allow me to connect my cd player.
the sound system might not be actual, but the sonority is quite good for the use i have of it (sp)

)2edline
01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
lol, yeah i was aware of the GSL-SE swap , but, i guess i would say, i do not want to take as far as to do major removal and installation of the front and rear hubs to get that conventional 4 lug

As for the Cd player installation, I SWEAR that i have seen numerous random 1983 RX-7's with the same options install newer JVC, Pioneer, and Sony Head Units into the space where the old head unit was previously, So it has left me to leave my doubt and quest this aftermarket section. Are there any owners who can share there audio qualms? perhaps how you over came them.

Thanks D3relic for replying

Add your comment to this topic!