Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Canadian manufactured GMC

thebeav
01-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I have just purchased a 2002 GMC Sierra Z-71. On my carfax it says that it was manufactured in Canada. Yet, in the owners manual for the cruise control icon on the instrument panel it says that it should be a highlighted circle for Canadian and the words "cruise" for the American. It also says that the fuel gauge should have cirlces representing the amount of fuel left for the Canadian version and just the E and F for the American version. My vehicle has all of the American version guages and not the Canadian. My buddies 2004 Chevy was manufactured in Canada and he has the highlighted circle for his cruise control so why doesn't mine. Is my carfax wrong? Please help because I am worried that the dealership may have gotten one up on me. Thanks for your time.

70camaro
01-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I dont know why you care... But, mine is a canadian built, and I Have all the "american" guages too. FYI

thebeav
01-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I wanted to know if the guages were correct so I could verify that the carfax was indeed correct. I am pretty good at looking a vehicle over and doing my research before I buy a vehicle, yet when the carfax says that it is a one owner and has been serviced every 3,000 miles you need a way to verify this. I just wanted to know if the carfax was correct. Thanks for your reply 70camaro.

GMMerlin
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I have just purchased a 2002 GMC Sierra Z-71. On my carfax it says that it was manufactured in Canada. Yet, in the owners manual for the cruise control icon on the instrument panel it says that it should be a highlighted circle for Canadian and the words "cruise" for the American. It also says that the fuel gauge should have cirlces representing the amount of fuel left for the Canadian version and just the E and F for the American version. My vehicle has all of the American version guages and not the Canadian. My buddies 2004 Chevy was manufactured in Canada and he has the highlighted circle for his cruise control so why doesn't mine. Is my carfax wrong? Please help because I am worried that the dealership may have gotten one up on me. Thanks for your time.

Dude, just because your vehicle was manufactured in Canada doesn't mean it was manufactured for canadian use.

Many GM vehicles are assembled outside of the USA
If it was manufactured in Mexico would you expect the guages to read spanish?

God you people worry about the dumbest shit :loser:

thebeav
01-04-2005, 02:56 PM
GMMerlin

Hey thanks for your unhelpful comments....I was asking my question about the Canadian manufacturing to verify that the carfax they gave me was the correct one for that truck and not one they had forged. You can never be to careful. I do appreciate you effort but do not appreciate the last comment.....Is this how you treat your customers?l

Nigel215
01-06-2005, 10:47 AM
You can check by the VIN #. if it begins with a 1 it was made in the US, a 2 means it was made in canada, and a 3 means Mexico.

If im wrong someone please correct me.

giffo
01-08-2005, 06:53 PM
My '86 Caprice was built in Canada. My '96 Tahoe came out of Janesville, Wisconsin.

In November I bought a 2005 Sierra that was built in Canada.

As someone else pointed out, the Canadian plant(s) produce vehicles for both the Canadian and U.S. markets, and the subtle differences simply reflect the market for which they're destined.

Just as a point of interest, more new vehicles were produced in Canada in 2004 than in Detroit.

Regards,

Giff

thebeav
01-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info Giffo........Also thanks to Nigel215....my vin number begins with a 2 so I assume that it was indeed manufactured in Canada and that the carfax report is indeed the right one for my truck.....Does anyone know who actually keeps up with the carfax information?....Just wondering, anyways thanks for everyones help and I am glad to know I have a place where I can post and get positive answers...Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!