Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

alarm

dopenoze
01-03-2005, 10:21 AM
my integra was recently stolen and i just got it back stripped of everything but the interior and engine so i think its a good idea for me to get an alarm. what is the best one i can get w/ a two way remote, shock sensors, non remote start, keyless entry, and a price of under $350?

pepsihatman
01-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Go with a Viper alarm system. You will not be disappointed. I used to work at Circuit City in the car audio section. We also sold security systems. I would take the Viper (DEI) systems over the audiovox or many others any day. I've put a Viper remote start/keyless entry alarm system on my Accord and I've put a Viper keyless entry/alarm on my GSR, and I've been quite pleased with both. You will have trouble finding a two-way remote in a system that does not have remote start. Most systems that have a two way remote system are going to have remote start also.

dopenoze
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
thanx. the only reason i didnt want remote start was b/c no place installs it on a manual so i figured that payin the extra $ was a waste.

kornflakes28546
01-03-2005, 02:40 PM
i just bought an alarm from circuit city w/ 2-way remote (without remote start)... the brand is "code alarm"... circuit city stopped selling Viper alarms for some reason. The whole system consists of... master module ($50) and the 2-way remote/keyless entry/alarm system ($135). When you get the master module you have the capabillity to add on to it in the future, like adding motion sensors in the car, window control, microwave sensors (no idea what that does yet), remote start and a bunch of other cool shit. you can also set the alarm's sensitivity and everything else. i putting it in next weekend. they will charge $100 if you want them to put it it.

integrawhat
01-03-2005, 09:51 PM
autoloc's alarms have been good to me but they are kinda pricey

ponchonutty
01-04-2005, 07:20 PM
" circuit city stopped selling Viper alarms for some reason" It's because DEI dropped them. They didn't want to properly train all technicians on how to properly work with their equipment. They were getting too many complaints/returns.

Any 2way alarm is good from DEI. You can save some money if you go with something other than Viper or Clifford. Most brains are the same. They now have new 2-way LED lighted remotes that work great and are much more rugged compared to LCD screens.

As far as a "master module", all DEI alarms are set up this way. You can get them to do all kinds of things. I have a 871xp Python 2-way system that rolls down the windows, rolls them up, cracks them 1", turns on/off headlights, turns on/off stereo, and the list goes on and on. The best thing is that it will beep/vibrate on the remote if somethings not right and if I do not go out, it will call me on my cell.

Add your comment to this topic!