Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tip On superchargers plz

BirdyBoy96
01-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I have a '96 T-Bird 4.6 liter v-8 (obviously). I have done no modifications to the car (performance wise) except i put dual flowmaster mufflers on it... I was curious if I should put a supercharger on the beast to get a good power gain. All I want is it to be faster.. I like the luxury of the car and the appearance is good (I want a Xenon Bodykit), but I want to be able to pull up to a Honda (no disses to those either) and smoke it... So should I add a Supercharger? if so what kind.. I read about Allen.. they make them for my car and it comes with an intercooler as well.... My buddy says to put a paxon in it.. I dont know too much about these cars yet, I'm learning. you guys are smart apperently so.. gimme your help plz.. :) Birdman... Ps: I'm new here..

solaris=amazing
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I made my car faster then a vette. I have a 95 4.6 V8 and i got it down to a 6 second 1/4 mile. What i did was went to the highest of altitude, and rolled it off a cliff.......

Lol, just kidding man. I believe if you only put a supercharger on it, you might have problems. You have to replace alot of other things to, BUT IT WOULD BE WORTH IT. This forum is not to busy, but there are some really smart mofos here.

Go to www.tccoa.com, and register in the forums, it's a thunderbird club, really really helpful.

CamaroSSBoy346
01-03-2005, 07:00 PM
eh. I guess a standard bolt on kit would be okay. $1400 for, what? 120 extra hp? For $1400, you could sell your V8, take the money you got from that and the $1400, and get a super coupe, which already have superchargers.

DMS825
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I agree with CamaroSSBoy346. Sell the 96 and get a 89-95 supercoupe. Since you're accustomed to the 96 interior, you'd probably like the 94-95 models best. Factory supercharger, intercooler, body kit, and you can also get a 5 speed if you can find one. I like them so much I got two of them. Check out www.sccoa.com for more information.

flewthecoupe
01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Let's do some math.

Assume he can get $3000 for his car.
He has $1400 disposable cash.
He spends $4400 for an SC.
He gets about 230hp.

He has the 4.6.
Spends $1400 available cash for a vortec style super charger.
Spends a few hundred more for MAF, TB, etc.
Takes a 215hp car and now has around 330+ hp.

I'd keep the V8.

BirdyBoy96
01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
alright, thanx guys I guess I have some thinking to do but for now ill keep the same.. the Allen supercharger w/ about 6 lbs of boost i think can bolt right on w/o too many problems.. I mean of course with you are pushing air and getting higher compression you are going to have some problems but I don't think it will hurt too bad.. They are about 3-4k if I can install.. They say that Allens take the most time and are to most diffficult... So talking near 5k to put a super on it... maf ect is more.. they have super chargers with 6lbs and 9 lbs on up.. is 4 k reasonable considering it has a intercooler?

Bird

flewthecoupe
01-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Go here: www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/gt96-03_2v/gt96-04.htm
Then here: http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf

Then call: (909) 941-0985

You may need another hood for your car but that shouldn't be a big deal considering you want ground effects on your car. If I were planning on spending $4k on a good blower, I would go this route. It's $3799 plus whatever other parts you'll need and maybe some fabrication. Call them and talk to them. They should be able to help. A twin screw is much more efficient than one hanging on the front of the engine and will be my choice whenever I can finally get around to it as it is not my priority project right now.

DMS825
01-04-2005, 03:18 PM
No question about it; from the standpoint of a bada$$ bird a blown 4.6 would certainly get attention. If cost, reliability, ease of installation, and ability to get it smogged weren't a factor, I'd go for a blower on a V8 in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for me, as for many people, those are all considerations, so in the meantime I'll smoke those Honda's with my factory installed supercharged intercooled V6.

thunderbird muscle
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
First I would look at kits designed for a 96 mustang Gt since this is a very close setup to a Tbird with a 4.6. Then I would decide If I were willing to spend the money and time to do it(I am I just don't have the money lol).

BirdyBoy96
01-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Well, as off right now i have about 2,500 saved up.. and my friedns say put a blower on it.. I was thinking about a new mustang but i dunno... By the way thunderbird muscle what hood is that?

Add your comment to this topic!