Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

got a nice deal with question!

ShortyDTP
01-02-2005, 08:32 PM
got a deal on a stock s4 turbo, exhaust manifold , and starion FMIC, 550cc turbo II injectors and ecu. but have't bought it yet , price for everything is $200 .

question is can i make my S4 N/A - tubo with just 550cc injectors , ECU , turbo , turbo exhaust manifold and custom made charge pipes and use the N/A intake manifold??

i know iknow is posible, but i am not planing on covering it to Turbo II , just a RX7 turbo. no TurboII tranny driveshaft , rear end etc etc.

I was planning on keeping the N/A intake manifold, and just do some custom crazy charge pipes, and is gonna be kinda diffincult cuz of the aux ports, I have remove that already so i got the clearence on the exhaust mani.:smile:
Another thing is the high compression on the N/A engine but i am also planing in just keeping low boost.

SOO what yo think?? :smile:

P.S I am planning this because of such of a deal .

RedFC3S
01-02-2005, 11:40 PM
you cant turbo the N/A motor, that is all

fcdriver
01-03-2005, 06:42 AM
You can turbo a 6 port but it isn't going to be as reliable as a 4 port. A few people have gone with the N/A lower intake manifold and used a spacer on the turbo manifold but notched their frame to make room for the turbo.
The best way I've seen is using the turbo intake manifolds and exhaust manifold. You have to cut part of the lower turbo intake manifold to allow for the 6 port, use a N/A lower intake manifold gasket for a guide to grind. You'll also need the front engine cover for the oil and coolant lines for the turbo with either N/A intakes or turbo intakes.
You can run 10-12psi on it with the right mods, fuel pump, injectors, emc or an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I've got a few sites saved that give a better description on the process but I'll have to dig them up later

fcdriver
01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Look at the "What turbo kits can I add to my non turbo RX-7?" here;http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=181219, and a few more here;http://www.nopistons.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12743

drftk1d
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
you can turbocharge any engine.

maybe wiring the aux ports shut is a good idea?

oh, and if you plan on making more than stock hp you better get t2 drivetrain parts if you know whats good for you.
also, i'm not sure but turbo and n/a harnesses are different.

ShortyDTP
01-03-2005, 03:45 PM
150 bucks!! this is sooo much temptation!! , he just want to get rid of it!!.

does anybody have TII upper and lower intake manifolds asap??????

D3rELiC
01-03-2005, 05:20 PM
is the exhaust manifoil cracked ?
if not, buy it anyway

ShortyDTP
01-04-2005, 12:39 AM
nope everything is pretty good, it came off out a 87 TII with 71k miles.

I am gonna buy it off , and i am gonna do my crazy shit see what i come out with.... prolly blow it up , but hey that's how you learn.

I am getting a settelment in march , out of a accident I had a while back. so that's when i get my Complete TII. hoo ray!

drftk1d
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
good luck man.
not an easy project.

ShortyDTP
01-05-2005, 01:06 AM
W3rd!!!

Maybe I'll be back with another thread and maybe a sticky ........ : "5 Reasons For Not Turbocharching You N/A FC." LOL:tongue:

fcdriver
01-05-2005, 02:05 AM
It's not too bad just be easy on the trans or it'll bite you in the end. I had thoughts of doing the same before I bought my T2 engine and from all the reading I did it didn't look to be very hard at all.

Add your comment to this topic!