Page updated on 12-12-2017

probe vs. prelude

kingpinn
01-02-2005, 03:51 PM
ok i have a 93si prelude that treats me good but i have a want.. that want is that i want a new car really for no reason but just for somthing new well new to me but when i tell people that i might sell my lude for a probe they want to slap me why i dont get it. my lude ran a 15.7 stock and a gt 2gen probe is in that same time rang so whats the big deal .. but here it comes the ????? can a probe after mods perform like my lude after mods ? if you had 3grand to dump in to both witch wood win. how dose the probe handle and is it relible ? these are for some reason mystery cars to me. any help you can give would be nice thanks for your time

ronjonprobe93
01-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I like both the probe AND the Prelude. I own a probe and want a Prelude. I don't know which car is best without mods but I can tell you that the Probe GT is a really great-handling car. I think Motor Trend compared it's handling to a porsche.

joshs93gt
03-27-2005, 02:42 PM
That's really funny because i have a 93 pgt and my buddy has a 93 lude. now my probe handles like a champ and i can't get enough of hittin the corners and punchin the gas, but i would have to say that if you want a car that would be easier and cheaper to make fast, go with the lude. to beef up a probe there are many diff. things you have to redo everytime you want to put a new mod. in. but it's your call. choose wisely.

pimprolla112
03-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Id say go with the lude with 3 grand you could turbocharge and intercool it, depending on the kit or if you buy it all seperate you could do some other mods. Besides the lude looks better(im not going to turn this into a lude vs probe war). My friend had a 93 with the h23 non vtec and he could keep up with a probe after we put on a venom, intake and a tanabe racing medallion cat back he could smoke a probe. The 2 cars are in the same class but i would pic the lude.

925drgn
03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
I own a 93 probe and there are alot of things you can do to these cars if you know what you are doing and have the smarts to know how to do it. i used to own a 95 probe SE with mods and that thing smoked alot of cars including a mustang. i hade about 5g's dumped into that car. if you have 3g's to dump into a car i would go with the probe.

pimprolla112
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Hell 5 gs in a lude and you could make the car run 12's. Vtec head swap on an h23 block, garret turbo and an intercooler pushing about 15-20lbs and some minor engine work and the car would smoke a vette. You can make any car fast if you have the cash, i could have made my 91 rolla run 13s but i didnt want to waste the cash on the trubo kit. The lude can smoke a stock mustang v6 and the gt with a few mods. Smoking a mustang is no big thing anymore as it is. Ive seen civics kill cobras at the track and street racing at 214. Its all on your judgement if you want cheaper performance and the handling of a lude is awsome.

shawnwilliams
03-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Due to probeaddiction.com there is alot more bolt on parts for the probe. The probe has much lower insurance costs. Personally you could buy an engine swap for the probe to put out 200hp for 800us or you can but an egine swap that puts out 200hp for the lude for 3k. You want to check out www.probeaddiction.com or www.andysautosport.com before you start saying about the prelude has more parts. And I know that the probe has a supercharger kit and i dont hink the Prelude does. And the probe has a much lower price tag were you can do more to it.

Some more probe parts sites:
www.importfan.com
www.probesport.com

pimprolla112
03-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Im not going to get into another probe vs lude flame war cause its stupid to argue over. I would suggest also looking into prices for motor swpas before you start comparing costs cause i can get a jdm h22a for 1000 thats 210 hp stock from a 2.2. The lude does have a supercharger kit.

Add your comment to this topic!