Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

headlights don't flip up anymore

mrtensai
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
i was driving on the freeway one day, and the headlights suddenly flips down and it hasn't flip up since then.... HELP
the fuse is fine and the motor works too, I just can't figure out what the problem is

my guess is the light switch by the steering wheel...., has anyone encounter the same problem?

jtecj
01-01-2005, 09:31 PM
havnt had that problem but if they both went down and didnt come back up I would say that it is either the button inside the car or some of the wires melted from the button and caused a short. Follow the wires and see if you see anything wierd let us know how it turns out

mrtensai
01-02-2005, 03:36 PM
havnt had that problem but if they both went down and didnt come back up I would say that it is either the button inside the car or some of the wires melted from the button and caused a short. Follow the wires and see if you see anything wierd let us know how it turns out

do you think it might be the relay fuse that's causing the problem?
thanks!

jtecj
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Anythings possible but that wouldnt be my first guess cause if that was to blow it probably wouldnt have closed the lights they just would have been stuck up.

psgt21
01-03-2005, 10:51 AM
There is a quick fix until you find the problem. There is a little knob on the headlight motor that cranks them open manually. They will always stay up but atleast you can drive at night.

Add your comment to this topic!