Page updated on 12-11-2017

94 PGT Crank No Start...Code 41?

venom3230
01-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I have a 94 PGT That I love but for the life of me ,I can't figure out what's wrong with it. So far I have checked several things like making sure the fuel pump is working( it is) and I am getting spark to the spark plugs. I also took the distibutor off and did the tests from the manual to check the sensors in it.All seems well. I did a self diagnostic and it came up with a code 41 which isn't even listed as a problem code in the book. I am lost and really don't have the available funds to take it in to a shop. Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right direction as to what else I can check for?

jtecj
01-01-2005, 02:48 PM
code 41 on a 94 pgt is= VRIS #1 Solenoid or circuit

venom3230
01-01-2005, 08:20 PM
what is Vris And where is it located in the vehicle?

venom3230
01-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Can my problem be the igniter? ....and if so , how can I check it?

jtecj
01-03-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure what you are talking about by igniter...but your ignition system consists of= spark plugs, coils, modules, ignition wires and I mite have missed somethen cause I'm extremely tired but I think you mite be talking about the distributor...or the starter so i'll answer both the distributor...not likely if anything moste likely you would have just a miss fire but anything is possible. As for the starter also I wouldnt think so if it turns over it just doesnt start... The actual module that controls this could be burnt out but I hope not cause those can pretty expensive

venom3230
01-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I have heard it called an igniter....but I think what it is , is a module inside the distributor.There is a site ....www.probetalk.com and in one of the forums there, someone has modified , or replaced "Igniter" inside the distributor . I have diagrams of it. He claims that he only spent 20.00 to fix this igniter which is no longer available by using a module from a chevy. I am just trying to figure out what is wrong and thought maybe that could be my problem because the hubub is that they go bad alot in the probes.My car is still down. I am getting withdrawals....lol.

jtecj
01-04-2005, 08:59 PM
you think you're having withdrawls...I havnt gotten to drive mine in 4 and a half months!!! now that sucks

venom3230
01-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Hey ....I got my car to start. It was the igniter in the disty. That modification does work and it only cost me 13.99 instead of 224.00.!!!! Remarkable.

Add your comment to this topic!