Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 blazer ls can't disengage auto 4x4

jerry367
12-31-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi,

I can't shut off the auto 4x4 and I don't have the manual. How is it done I've tried neutral stopped in park etc

crazys182003
12-31-2004, 11:55 PM
seems to me like you might have a vacum problem or conputer problem. I am not too knowledgeable about the auto 4x4 but I do know that if you search the foprum for 4x4 there have been a lot of posts recently similar to your problem. try checking it out and also keep us uptodate as to what you have tried and also what eyar and type of shift do you have? I assume an electronic shift but post back with that. what exactly are you trying to switch to also? 2Hi I assume.

jerry367
01-01-2005, 10:23 AM
thank you for responding, I'm just trying to move out of four wheel drive altogether. The truck shifts fine, able to go from auto to four and four low without a problem just not able to back into non four wheel drive mode

ricksza
01-01-2005, 12:54 PM
With the Four button 4X4 switch, you should be able to shift accross all ranges except four wheel low at any speed in any gear. Four wheel low should be done with shifter in neutral at a stop with you foot off the brake (this allows the transfer case to engage the gears easier).

If the vehicle will shift accross all the four wheel ranges but not into two wheel drive, It could be the switch, TCCM, encoder motor, or transfer case. I would start with hooking up a scanner, see if there are any codes and check the data.

Add your comment to this topic!