Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

optima batteries

TheFugitiveMind
12-31-2004, 03:35 AM
any of you guys had expierence with these optima batteries on your trucks??

should i get one?

Letsrodeo
12-31-2004, 07:29 AM
I've had one for two years now with no problems. I've never had a starting problem or lack of power problem due to this battery.

I bought this battery for three reasons. 1st, for dependability, I take backwood hunting trips alone and needed the additional reliability. Two, the reserve capacity for power to drive my sound system without running the engine and three, they look good under the hood.

Another plus for the hardcore wheelers, if roll overs are a concern the gell technology these batteries use will prevent spills.

amigo-2k
12-31-2004, 10:01 AM
I have one too. Put it in a couple of months ago.

TheFugitiveMind
12-31-2004, 01:50 PM
so which one should i get? the red top or the yellow top?

thanks!!!

SOLSTER
12-31-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't know anything about optima. I have heard good things about delco. My original battery is still in use at 5.5 years - 60K miles, it is a delco freedom - neverhad a problem. I was thinking about replacing with another delco when time comes, now i'll have to also consider optima, anyone care to contrast/compare/recommend????

iskiuskiweski
01-03-2005, 07:52 AM
OPTIMA Batteries Answers Demand for Increased Electrical Power
Monday January 3, 8:00 am ET
The new Group 75/25 and Group 35 YellowTops(TM) offer dual-purpose SPIRALCELL Technology(R) to more vehicles with extreme audio demands.

MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 3, 2005-- Many of the in-car electronics being introduced at CES put increasing demands on a vehicle's electrical system creating the need for a high performance deep-cycle automotive battery. OPTIMA Batteries® can now provide this deep-cycling capability along with high cranking power with the introduction of the dual-purpose 75/25 and 35 YellowTop(TM) batteries.
Source: OPTIMA Batteries

· View multimedia news release

The growing tuner and car audio market has given rise to an increase in audio/visual, high draw lighting and larger stereo systems. Optima's YellowTop batteries provide not only a higher level of electrical output, but also a stable voltage supply for the increasing list of electrical and electronic systems in modern vehicles. These dual-purpose batteries supply reliable starting power to the engine while ensuring a consistent supply of power to the vehicle's advanced electrical system.

"We're always looking for ways to stay ahead of the trends in the automotive industry," said Cam Douglass, Director of Sales for OPTIMA Batteries. "The new 75/25 and Group 35 YellowTops allow car audio enthusiasts the option to fill their vehicles with the latest and greatest electronics while continuing to supply their cars with the starting power they can always depend on."

The new Group 75/25 and 35 batteries complete an already extensive line of Optima batteries including the Group 51, Group 34 and Group 31 YellowTop models. With the introduction of the 75/25 and 35, Optima can now outfit many hot tuner cars including the Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi EVO as well as domestic sport compacts and import SUVs with a dual purpose YellowTop battery. The Group 35 is also able to fit some of the most popular European vehicles from Audi, Volkswagen, BMW and some Mercedes models.

The new Group 75/25 and Group 35 YellowTop batteries are available now at retailers nationwide. To find an OPTIMA look for the unique six pack design and yellow, blue or red top. For the nearest retailer, consumers can also call 1-888-8OPTIMA (1-888-867-8462) or visit www.optimabatteries.com.

OPTIMA® Batteries are manufactured by Johnson Controls. Johnson Controls is a global market leader in automotive systems and facility management and control. In the automotive market, it is a major supplier of integrated seating and interior systems, and batteries. For nonresidential facilities, Johnson Controls provides control systems and services including comfort, energy and security management. Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI - News), founded in 1885, has headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. OPTIMA® and OPTIMA SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY® are registered trademarks of Johnson Controls Battery Group, Inc. For more information visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com, http://www.optimabatteries.com, and http://www.autobatteries.com.

TheFugitiveMind
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
yeah..i have that delco freedom battery for about 4 years now. it fully charges but it dosent seem it has enough power anymore. its hard to start the car with that battery. so pretty soon im gonna get a red-top optima battery. there only 100 bucks at costco. so thats cool!

rodeo02
01-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I've heard nothing but good about the Optima battery line. Then again, I've had old school lead-acid batteries last many years without issue. Any brand will serve you well in a stock, daily driven, street vehicle.
G/luck
Joel

Add your comment to this topic!