Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help with Radio Codes

BertZ3
03-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Just got my 2001 Accord back from body shop today. The radio doesn't work but does not ask me for a code. It simply says ErrE Does anyone know what this means?

Your help would be appreciated.

Bert

mr92accord
03-06-2002, 07:33 PM
i remember this happened to me once, except that i didn't even know what it was asking when it said "code", how stupid of me, anways, i kept pushing the buttons over and over, eventually, it locked itself and wouldn't let me try again even if i had the code. a couple days later, i fetched the code and i guess that wasn't a big help so i disconnected the radio from the battery again. this time it actually worked. so try disconnecting it..

HONDA_99
03-07-2002, 07:28 AM
you probably have EX, am i right?

5 & 6gen EX models have anti-thief device in head unit, so once power is cut to to it, it will not work untill you enter security code. you can get securety code for free at any Honda dealer, but they need to know serial number of head unit, to get serial number dealer have to take head unit out and they charge 1hr of labor ($60-$80) to do that. plus dealer can access Honda's data base only on weekdays.

so, here is what i'm tring to say, go back to body shop and tell them to make your radio (head unit) work again.

beastfromeast
03-07-2002, 07:59 PM
I agree HONDA_99 except that wasting your time waiting for the body shop to check your car, undo it yourself and call the dealer...

Peace y'all, Raph...

BertZ3
03-07-2002, 08:23 PM
Thank you all for your help. I was scanning some of the messages last night and thought that the radio may have locked up due to someone entering the wrong codes. So, I disconnected the battery and after 5 minutes or so I reconnected it, turned on the car, and was then able to enter the security code on the radio.

Yeah, if that didn't work, I was planning on taking it back to the body shop. My Accord is an EX. So all of you were on the right track.

Thanks again,

Bert

Add your comment to this topic!