Fuel pressure regulator install

blk_silverado
12-30-2004, 08:34 AM
I need to know how to install one of these asap. I have a 2.4L in my 2001 Alero and the original FPR was leaking gas. If any of you can give me some instructions or tell where I can find some instructions, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Are there any manuals like Haynes or Chilton out there for a 2001? I have seen a Haynes manual but it stops at 2000 and don't know if it is the same.

chrisHtwn
01-02-2005, 09:40 AM
I just had that replaced this past week, I took mine to a shop its very inexpensive to get done it cost me aroung 150.00. When they fixed mine at the shop they also pulled the injectors out, which have thses rubber injector rings around them, they where also bad, which this also adds to the gas leak, so man please find a shop, gas is a very dangerous thing

blk_silverado
01-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Where are you from man? Because if you live close maybe I can go to the same place. I live in Spring, TX. I already have the part, I just need it installed.

blk_silverado
01-10-2005, 08:48 AM
No worries now people! I went to a local mechanic shop and had them replace it for me.

mikey99
04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is located and/or what it looks like? Shop that changes my oil said it is not currently leaking but shows evidence of leak in the past and should be replaced - cost $65 (not bad). Today my car is at dealer for intake manifold gasket replacement (GM picking up 50%). The dealer called telling me the same thing about fuel pressure regulator - cost $170. I told him to hold off. I will either change it myself or have it done by the first guy.

blk_silverado
04-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator is located and/or what it looks like? Shop that changes my oil said it is not currently leaking but shows evidence of leak in the past and should be replaced - cost $65 (not bad). Today my car is at dealer for intake manifold gasket replacement (GM picking up 50%). The dealer called telling me the same thing about fuel pressure regulator - cost $170. I told him to hold off. I will either change it myself or have it done by the first guy.

What motor do you have? Mine is a 4cyl. On mine, the FPR is located towards the front on the passenger side. It looks like a small metal top hat. It has a really small tube running to the top of it and is connected to the fuel rail. I hope this helps.

mikey99
04-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks. I found it. Mine is a 6 cyl. It is located slightly right of engine center.

blk_silverado
04-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Thanks. I found it. Mine is a 6 cyl. It is located slightly right of engine center.

Good deal. Are you going to do the install yourself? If so, let me know how the install goes.

mikey99
04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
It's done. The Goodyear place that services my car did it for $65. The part would have cost me almost $50 from Rock Auto once I added the shipping in. I can't believe the GM dealer wanted $170 to do it and they already had the engine apart because they were doing an intake manifold gasket.

LeBuick
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
It's done. The Goodyear place that services my car did it for $65. The part would have cost me almost $50 from Rock Auto once I added the shipping in. I can't believe the GM dealer wanted $170 to do it and they already had the engine apart because they were doing an intake manifold gasket.

But the dealer would have used a genuine GM part...

mikey99
04-13-2005, 01:17 PM
But the dealer would have used a genuine GM part...
The part from Rock Auto for less than $50 was AC Delco. I admit the dealer does have certain advantages when it comes to service but the prices have just gotten outrageous along with the attempted sales of questionable services such as motor flushes, etc. The only reason I was at the dealer to begin with was GM was picking up 50% of the intake manifold gasket replacement. Even at that my savings was minimal for the dealers charge was almost double the local guy.

Add your comment to this topic!