Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why buy a Hyundia

ronhein
12-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Please, anyone considering buting a Tiberon be informed that
after only 23,000 miles the clutch went south and the dealer
is charging me 2000+ for repairs. What happened to the
? great warrentee? Never buy a Hyundai the
hype is a hoax and all it woll do is cost you vast amounts
of money and heartache, be forewarned. Buy a Honda.

lowsonoma1999
12-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Please, anyone considering buting a Tiberon be informed that
after only 23,000 miles the clutch went south and the dealer
is charging me 2000+ for repairs. What happened to the
? great warrentee? Never buy a Hyundai the
hype is a hoax and all it woll do is cost you vast amounts
of money and heartache, be forewarned. Buy a Honda.

If they are charging you $2000+, they are ripping you off.

ronhein
12-29-2004, 02:11 PM
If they are charging you $2000+, they are ripping you off.
Thanks for the return. Do you think there is anything that I can
do? The car is nearly new and the mileage is really low.Can't Hyundia
do anything? I am a 2 Hyundia family and was considering a new one
but now that might not be a real good idea.Any thoughts?Thanks.

Tiburon99
12-29-2004, 06:40 PM
well, it doesn't sound like the cars fault, well except for the part going on it. It sounds more like the dealers fault. And DONT buy a honda over a hyundai, they have actualy had more recals than Hyundai has this year, It is like 2 recals for hyundai compared to honda's 3-5. Well to get back on topic, go and give the people at the dealer hell, and if that does not work get the number to the hyundai U.S. base in California and complain to them.

twospirits
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
First of all, the poll as written does not make sense. Please re-write the poll questions.
Second, I agree with low, they are ripping you off.
Third, Have you tried to see another Hyundai dealership in your area.

If all else fails, I would contact the Regional Rep from your area, or contact Hyundai Corp (at their website) and put in a complaint.

TS out

Burnout524
01-01-2005, 08:56 AM
I definatelly buy a Hyundai over a Honda (consider the value). Your dealer is ripping you off. I would contact Hyundai Corporate and go to another dealer.

nisco
01-04-2005, 06:48 PM
... the clutch is a wear and tear item.. not covered under warranty.. uless your dealership is really nice..
your tires are on your car.. what are you gonna do when you start losing traction?... tell me to replace the tires?

the price theyre charging you is rediculous..
tell em the 03+ clutches are crap.. jus absolute garbage and you want it covered undery warranty or youll take your business to a dealership that will do it

mazdatech
01-16-2005, 03:06 AM
yes, you are just one of many and no they are not ripping you off (Wear and tear item ) ill bet your tires were probaly pretty smoked when you took it to the dealer and thats why they didnt even try to cover it at least usually that is an indication of abuse on the clutch and about the price the parts alone are freakin spendy dual mass flywheel for one is spendy hey lowsonoma whats one of those retail out for and secondly to replace it you gotta yank your entire subframe otu drop the trans stuff new parts in and reversethe order like 6 hrs or so of work ive replace a couple but they actually just recently updated the flywheel(which wasnt and still is not machinable) sorry about the luck.... make you think twice about dumping the clutch huh...this is just a generalization though... if your car had no signs of abuse then i would be calling the 1800# to HMA and complaining

mike5721947
01-16-2005, 04:28 PM
we have a 2001 accent gsi 2 dr std. on its second clutch and trans!!

Add your comment to this topic!