Insurance

RB26_Enthusiast
12-28-2004, 02:45 PM
After you get a skyline into the states how do u insure it? I have a 1993 gts-t type m, and no inurance companies know what kind of car it is, naturally.

CRX-Crooks
12-28-2004, 11:15 PM
get show car insurence

nismo_power
12-29-2004, 03:28 AM
ok post pics to prove you have one. we are ALLL very skeptical when it comes to people saying they have one in the united states. and last time i checked only models able to come in are GTS and GTR models only.

but anyways, on to the question. it is going to be dual insured under "exotic/sports". insurance is going to be a pain in the butt. and you know that your insurance wouldve been the same if you had gotten a gtr right? you bought a lesser car but pay the same insurance. doesnt make sense to me.

RB26_Enthusiast
12-29-2004, 05:57 PM
There was a 95 GTR that was there, for 29,000 after legalization, when mine was only 13k, weigh it urself, the extra 16k can be spent on the rb26dett motor swap without tranny (AWD), rims and suspension, turbo upgrade, LHD conversion(if i wanted it), numerous engine upgrades, racing seats, and much more. Becuz there is a place that i kno of that does engine swaps and gave me an estimate of under 6k to swap the rb26dett into my skyline, that i why i bought the one i did, and i really dont give a shit if it doesnt have AWD becuz i dont even want it. I prefer RWD.

BTW motorex is not the only place that does legalizations either, there are plenty of places that do it for cheaper.

nismo_power
12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
eeerrrrr wrong on the motorex part. they are the only RI that is registered to legalize skylines. if another RI sells em (besides RB, other RI's really arent supposed to) it had to have gone through motorex first.

uranium235powered
01-02-2005, 09:28 PM
How much of a "pain in the ass" are we talking about? And the insurance is going to be the same for either the GTS or the GTR? Are you positive?

I should have enough to get my own skyline in two years (I'm in Canada) but I want to know the insurance rates first. I know it will be expensive...is it like $1000 per month or something with a perfect driving record?

nismo_power
01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
i dont know how much of a pain in the ass its going to be, but yes insurance for the GTS and GT-R will be the same in the US, although im not too sure about canada. in the US it will have to be insured under sports/exotic.

AkinaDriftKid15
01-06-2005, 10:12 PM
It could also be insured under a grey market car and motorex IS THE ONLY RI for skylines everyone else might say they do the same but thier lying. And 1000$ a month is pretty f*cking steep my brother drives a supra TT with a wreckless ticket and a speeding ticket and 2 wrecks with (somwhere along the lines of) 750 a month

AkinaDriftKid15
01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
and if you look at frequently ask questions at motorex.net then you will see the is says "MOST MAJOR COMPANIES ARE ABLE TO INSURE THE SKYLINE. MOST ARE INSURED AS GRAY MARKET CARS OR EXOTIC VEHICLES. OF COURSE RATES DEPAND ON MANY FACTORS." there!

AkinaDriftKid15
01-06-2005, 10:17 PM
and that is what it says exactly on there website.......... now read the stickies bitch!

nismo_power
01-06-2005, 11:24 PM
i wouldnt act so cocky kid. and dont down talk newb's when you are one yourself. dont make multiple posts, theres an EDIT button for a reason.

and motorex isnt the only RI able to get skylines, they are the only one able to legalize them. just for future reference.

AkinaDriftKid15
01-07-2005, 01:01 PM
how do you know if im really a newbie or not? it might just say that i am but you never know hmm...... and yeah i was alittle cocky back the i meant to be more assertive than mean or cocky to get the point across and i was tired because of my allergy medication.

uranium235powered
01-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Dude, chill out. I'm not in the US, I don't even bother with the MotoRex website. I live up in Canada, so the 15 year rule applies instead of the 25 year rule. For about $17,000 to $18,000 (Canadian $$) I can get a decent 1989 Skyline R32 GT-R in excellent condition, and for around $10,000 (Canadian $$) I can get a pretty nice GTs-T type M from ImportConcern (www.importconcern.ca (http://www.importconcern.ca/)) or JNS imports (www.jns-imports.com (http://www.jns-imports.com/)) Insurance up here in Canada is a complete different story than in the US. I got quoted at $7000 a year for a brand spanking new Honda Civic, so I would think that a skyline would be much more to insure. All I was asking "Skyline owners" how much do you think a skyline would be for insurance for a month. Doing a little research won't hurt, will it? Plus, it shows that you either don't understand English because I clearly state that I live in Canada in my previous post or that you don't know a shit about importating skylines. Sure, MotoRex might be the only legal importer for skylines in the US, but I've heard that RBmotoring is practically the same because it is owned by the same manager or something. I don't know for sure because it's not relevant for me anyways.

P.s. If you don't know the exchange rates from Canadian $$ to American $$, use www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com)

Add your comment to this topic!