Hicas

mkc_1971
12-27-2004, 01:53 AM
I recently replaced my standard steering wheel with to a Momo sport steering wheel, in my 1994 R33 Skyline.Now a few people have said am i sure its a 33 and yes is a mspec r33 1994

Now every now and again i get the Hicas light light up. What is it and should i be worried about it? other told me its my power steering fluid is low but i checked that and its fine, so what could it be??

VRT_Firestarter
01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
mine lights up it seems when my hicas was working. also, yes there were some r33's made in 1994. the only one i know of however came with an rb25e, but there may be more

matada
01-06-2005, 01:39 AM
I can be a number of factors, but with the early R33's changing the steering wheel did often cause the HICAST light to illuminate. You know you have a serious problem when you fell a pulsating in the steering wheel while turning. This means there is a mechanical problem within the HICAS system.
Another cause for the lamp to light up is low battery voltage i.e. a bad alternator or battery, or simply too much current drain from a stereo etc.

R33Chick
06-13-2005, 11:56 PM
It could also be something as simple as an air bubble too. My light only comes on when im on the highway i have been told it would most likely b an air pocket in the hydrolics or something.

ER34GTt
06-16-2005, 07:19 AM
By changing the stering wheel on your 33 you need to buy the hub adaptor the sensor is reading everything wrong now....momo makes one for the skyline it just a little black round cylinder that sits behind your steering wheel. or is this problem fixed already being it been in here for so long>/

Add your comment to this topic!