Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yzr500 2001

makinavaja
12-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum!!
I'm from Barcelona, so excuse me if I make some mistakes!
I'm building a yzr500, tamiya, with Malboro latest version decals.
I first painted with the grey tamiya surface primer.
Then I mask to paint in red and white, in spite of applying the white decal.
I used TS-7 white racing tamiya. But it looks like a bone white, it's not a white like the decal. What can I do????
Anybody knows the white I have to use?? or should be this TS-7 but the problem was the primer???
Thanks !!!

Vric
12-26-2004, 04:25 PM
First, Welcome here.

When ou work with Transparent color (like White, Yellow red etc..) you HAVE to use White Primer. if you use Gray one, you will never have a good color.

as for the Racing White, well you aren't alone doing this mistake. I did the same thing few year ago. The color is actually like bone. You will need to use tamiya Pure White color if you want a real white.

rapstagangsta
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Welcome to AF :wave: Can you post some pics soon? I would like this model, as we don't get many bikes round here

iceblend
12-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Hello there and welcome to AF!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/76919IMG_2562.JPG

I did the same kit as earlier in this year...The pic here shows that the lower portion is airbrushed in X-2, and primed with white primer just like Vric said. :)

makinavaja
12-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi, thanks a lot, I think that now, I'm going to paint over with the ts-7 with pure white. Cause the other solution would be take off all the paint.... and well don't know, what do u think I've to do???

MidMazar
12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
i say take the paint because if you lay down pure white over grey primer, it will look dark sort of like a light grey. I would suggest to take off the primer with either brake fluid, csc, or purple power, then sand down the part and wash it and try again.

makinavaja
12-27-2004, 11:54 AM
No, what I wanted to mean is paint over the racing white!!! sand down first the white portion and paint with pure white over the racing white. If I take the paint will have to paint again the red portion... and I have never take the paint!! how can u do it?

Nobbys Nuts
12-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Just paint over the racing white as it will act as a white primer for you. You don't have to touch the red.
Looking forward to pics.
I am doing Nakanos 02 YZR500 at the moment with the S27 Gauloisses decals.
CHeers
Tony

Add your comment to this topic!