Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Please!!!

nj2000ng
12-25-2004, 02:54 PM
i have a problem with my 1990 honda accord n i need help fast. its a manual transmission car. anytime i press down the clutch, the engine revs go very high, like 3500 rpm. whether im moving or the car is idle, its the same thing. once i leave it, the revs come back down. what can cause this? thanxs

94cordvtec
12-25-2004, 11:30 PM
i have a friend with a 94 5spd accord and it has to do with either the throttle body or a valve with the fuel system but either way its a problem only the dealer can fix right unless u know what it is and can fix it but i wouldn;t recomend diy

AccordCodger
12-27-2004, 02:48 PM
i need help fast
Understandable, but remember no one gets paid for doing this, and you posted on CHRISTMAS DAY!

Sorry I can't give you better advice than 94cordvtec.

nj2000ng
12-28-2004, 08:51 AM
well,thanks 4 the help

mekwilliams
02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
we had a '90 that had an eratic idle when stoped and clutch was in ....when went to shift and pushed clutch in while driving...rpms would jump pretty high then come right back down...my bf found a o ring inside a sensor or something that was stuck...
I don't remember what it was but I can ask him if you want me too if you haven't fixed yet. As you look at the motor it was on the back side near fuel injection...it was a circular shaped (slight oval I believe) canister w/ screws on left and right sides....I don't know if this helps or not...hope it does

Add your comment to this topic!