Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no heat

Safran2
12-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi I have a 2002 nissan altima that has a heating problem while its idling. When I start to drive it I have heat but when I stop it blows cold air. I went to the nissan dealer and they told me I needed a new radiator. They put the car under pressure and said the seam was leaking, its funny that I never seen any antifreeze on the ground and the thing is always full. I put a new thermostat in and that made no difference at all. They want me to come in and flush the radiator and waste another 50.00. Can someone please tell me something so I dont loose my mind! Thankssom s

mjcromie
05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I have the same problem on my 2002. I have taken it to the dealer (under my 100,000 mile warranty) and they said there was air pockets in the cooling system but they didnt know how those air pockets got there. I drove it for another 2 months and the heater went out again when idling. If anyone has any experience with this, im dying to know. I only have about 10k more miles on my warranty so i want to get it taken care of.

wonword
05-19-2005, 08:07 PM
If you only feel warm air when your moving, could it be that the only heat you are feeling is from air blowing the heat from the engine compartment? Then it could maybe be your heating coils or whatever. Have no clue if that is right, just a guess.

SKR1021
06-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I used to have the same trouble and haven't for a while now.

There is an older thread about this subject with a few other suggestions to try...http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181617&highlight=Altima+Heat

Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!