Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No heat, 99 voyager 3.0L

jamoosee
12-25-2004, 06:05 AM
Yet another problem with my jinxed, cursed, trouble-laden junker of a lemon vehicle. I now have no noticeable heat in my 99 voyager (3.0L automatic). The temperature gauge barely shows a reading in the warm area. After considerable driving, the air from the heater vents is warm but not hot. The upper radiator hose is cool to the touch as well. When I opened the hood, I noticed that the engine compartment and radiator do not feel hot either. I have had some drips of antifreeze from the weep/vent hole in the water pump lately.

Problem solved, it was the $10 thermostat which was reltively easy to change. I'm now off to the parts store to get an O-ring for the rad drain cock which is slowly dripping. By the way, I long ago purchased the repair manuals for this vehicle when the headaches started to appear. Thanks for all of your help ! What a great site.

My next project will be the water pump but I will have it done by a qualified and trustworthy mechanic friend.

jcamry
12-25-2004, 08:52 PM
you should find the voyager fourm bud

Mike Gerber
12-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Try the thermostat. It's cheap and easy to do in most cars. I'm not familiar with your Voyager. You would probably get more detailed results on the Voyager forum. You could also just buy a Chilton's or Haynes manual to assist you with the thermostat change. It sounds like you will need it for other problems on this car.

You do have an unrelated second problem. The drips from the weep hole do indicate a failed water pump.

Good luck.

Mike

jsinton
12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Are you sure it has water in it? If so, put some cardboard in front of the radiator and see if it warms up. If it does, then you probably need a new thermostat.

Add your comment to this topic!