Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 Honda Accord LX Idle Problem

randyh62
12-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you can lend me some advice on this problem. I've read most of the other postings on idle problems, but there doesn't seem to be one that fits my problem, so I'm going to ask for some help here.

The car starts ok, but when I start off the idle is rough and car starts to jerk and buck, like it's getting too much gas or the choke is not opening up. After it warms up, this goes away.

After driving it a short distance, if I shut the car off and start it again, the idle revs up to about 5000 rpm's and it does that for a period of about 5 minutes or so then drops to normal. It's tough to drive during these five minutes or so because the engine is reved up to 5000. Keeping it in gear, under load caused the idle to stay down, but stopping at a light or anything where you have to push in the clutch the engine is till ideling at at around 5000. Although it doesn't jerk or buck anymore during this...

Any suggestions?

94cordvtec
12-25-2004, 11:32 PM
sounds like u might have a bad engine mount which might be causing the engine to lean or fall slightly one direction with in start up could cause the throttle cable to get tugged alittle giving the engine gas or sensor problem

Add your comment to this topic!