Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Main glue you use??

primera man
12-24-2004, 02:34 AM
As the question says...what glue do most of you use.
I've always used Tamiya glue as I've find it great apart from the big bloody brush they stick in the bottle.

Today I was given a bottle of the Revell glue pictured below to try out.
I must say it was nice and easy to use with the needle, but IMO i found it to be very disappointing with the drying time and the length of time to "hold" a part together before you could let it go without it falling apart.
So it got drained out and refilled with my Tamiya cement.....thankyou Revell, at last you have made something i can be happy about!! :lol2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/1PMan/DSCF3369gluebottle.jpg

LMGTR
12-24-2004, 02:59 AM
I use the Humbrol liquid cement with the needle applicator. I stay away from Testors stuff yuck.

sjelic
12-24-2004, 03:05 AM
I use this Revell on the picture as main one, next one is Tamiya extra thin cement and for some big surfices Tamiya regular cement.
For the end for resin/metal super glue (thicker) and paper invisiable glue for clear parts.

Hiroboy
12-24-2004, 03:13 AM
I use Tamiya Extra Thin Cement, Tamiya CA Cement Quick Type and
Plastic Weld.
http://www.spc.org.uk/tools/glues.jpg

rapstagangsta
12-24-2004, 03:16 AM
I use Humbrol Precision Poly Cement

Lownslow
12-24-2004, 03:19 AM
i use M.E.K. works pretty good makes a nice strong joint. and a quart of it can build about 50 cars for around 2 dollars

Jay!
12-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Tamiya Extra Thin Cement. Revell "kite" thingy thin plastic cement as a backup.
Zap-A-Gap CA Cement thin and gel plus the every-store-brand CA kicker.
Elmers or Krystal Klear or Tacky Glue white glue.

JTRACING
12-24-2004, 07:56 AM
I use Tenax-7R and plastic weld

Rtuned
12-24-2004, 08:46 AM
(Gunze)Mr.Hobby Deluxe cement - I find it glue is much stronger than Tamiya, brush are the same. In 30sec, it will attach to the plastic especially those side mirror. When overnight, the glue is almost as strong as superglue.

Tamiya extra thin cement and extra thin superglue. :iceslolan

Wheelin75r
12-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Since this is a glue-question..... Does someone has a pic of what glue to use for the lenses of the lights? I can't seem to find the right glue for it. :disappoin

Rtuned
12-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Since this is a glue-question..... Does someone has a pic of what glue to use for the lenses of the lights? I can't seem to find the right glue for it. :disappoin

Use this...it will take more longer time to dry. But after dry, stain can be easily clean up and it glue as clear.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?MDLS104 (http://)

Veyron
12-24-2004, 09:04 AM
I use Testors Model Master glue in the black bottle for general assembly.

One bottle has lasted me 12 years.

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
12-24-2004, 09:29 AM
i used to use Testors glue back in the day:shakehead Then i used Tamiya for a long while but got fed up with the same big-ass brush problem. Now i use Humbrol precision poly with the needle applicator. Works great! I also use Zap-a-gap thick type cyano glue and Welbond white glue for clear parts.

Technoman
12-24-2004, 09:51 AM
I always use Tamiya extra thin cement and Zap super glue. I use toothpicks to put glue on with normally.

I don't use glue for lights normally. I use a little Tamiya TS clear around the edges. Doesn't dry as strong as glue but it does hold and it's clear and never reacts with the paints I use (normally other Tamiya Acrylics).

mikemechanic
12-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Super-glue (CA) and accelerator.

weaponCIVIC
12-24-2004, 01:31 PM
:uhoh: .....im stil using the testors stuff in the orange tube :disappoin

i6oR
12-24-2004, 09:31 PM
i use that black one from modelmaster LOL pimp :smokin:

vx_supercharged
12-25-2004, 04:43 AM
The revell one pictured in the first post - love that needle point

RallyRaider
12-25-2004, 06:30 AM
One thing I've never realy understood is the need for superglue accelerators. The stuff dries almost too quickly for me!

ImolaEK
12-25-2004, 08:53 AM
:uhoh: .....im stil using the testors stuff in the orange tube :disappoin

:1:

I also use tamiya super thin cement. Though i find that its worthless because every time im going to glue something with it, the glue dries by the time i put the thing on. I have to try that Zap a Gap stuff and the CA Cement. Previously i used to use the Testors glue on the orange tube for everything until recently i want to see the lenses i had put on all my other models and most are slightly fogged up, i got rid of the fog with Isopropyl Alcohol though so its all good.

Spitfire7
12-25-2004, 09:19 AM
The revell glue in the first post is what i use. It's the only stuff available round here.

360spider
12-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Superglue and Tamiya Cement.
Krystal Kelar for lights and windows.

Add your comment to this topic!