Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

BBK Throttle Body

pjirsa
12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I installed a 65 mm BBK throttle body on my 2000 Focus ZX3 last summer. Now that the weather here in Minnesota is becoming a bit more chilly (-23 wind chill this morning) i am having problems with the throttle sticking open. It does eventually idle back but it takes a while. Who knows what's causing this, and what do I do about it?

kjewer1
12-23-2004, 09:03 AM
I would check the cable adjustment. See the other thread on this, and check out the part about how the cable shrinks as it warms up. The bigger the temp change, the bigger the change in length. That is the first place I would look. Make sure there is enough slack in it. Check the slack when it is idling cold, warm, idling fine, idling high, etc. See if there is some correlation there...

pro3racer
12-23-2004, 12:17 PM
And please post in the correct forum, this is your first post, so its not that big of a deal, but you can post in the Ford Focus forum now. 95GSxracer, could you read about 10 threads down at my post, its also related to throttle cables, but my problem is a bit different. Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!