Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help on this whole kit car deal.

ForcedInduction509
12-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Im new to this whole kit car thing and I've seen this one guy with a GT40 kit and its a monster, looks great and pulls really hard (I think he has a small block chevy in it). Anyways lately I been thinking of building my own kit car but I been debatiing with the whole fiero as the donar car with most of the kits out on the market (especially because you have to stretch most of the ones I seem to like). Any information about doing this on a GT40 or a Lamborgini Murcilago will be appreciated.

Ohh yeah about how much will it cost to fully complete a project like this and is their any other cars that can be used as the donar car other than the fiero??? :confused:

Thanks ahead of time

markbookout
01-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi forcedinduction509.

I'm new to this forum, but thought I could offer you some answers to your questions.

I can give you some info on some specific GT40 options without using a donor car, but the advertising restriction of the forum will (probably, erring on the safe side) prevent me from discussing it online here.

I'm familiar with non-donor gt40 options, and, based on what I've seen, they will run between $75k and $110k to complete. A major expense is the transaxle if you are going to use significant HP in the driveline.

Feel free to email me direct if you wish to know more about specifics of the non-donor options. I can answer general questions on this forum.

markbookout

Dreamspawn
01-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Umm u can buy a turnkey for like 50k-60k. So building it yourself would buy like 30-40k. Goto Kitcars.com they will be the most help.

Add your comment to this topic!