pricey!!!!!!

i_love_skylines
12-22-2004, 05:47 PM
does anyone here think that skylines,the newer models,are over priced and why

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, thisj is pointless, and no, the only reason I can think of is because they are a rarity here, and exotic there, and they're just teasing us.

GTR2b
12-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Yes, thisj is pointless, and no, the only reason I can think of is because they are a rarity here, and exotic there, and they're just teasing us.

Again, this goes back to someone who has never been to Japan making assumptions again.

The cars are expensive in the States for a few reasons and for simplicity's sake, I'll just itemize them.

- The cheapest you can bring an R32 GT-R back to the states is about $27,000 after everything is all said and done and it takes months to do it.
- The hassle involved is beyond what most people are unwilling to see through to completion.
- There just isn't any car in the U.S. that compares to the GT-R.
- Movies and other media (this board included) have made the GT-R EXTREMELY popular so people are more willing to pay higher prices for them.

That's why they are expensive in the states. Now, in Japan, let's get something straight. They are NOT an exotic. They don't even meet any of the requirements for the car to be considered exotic. They aren't rare, they are pretty cheap for the most part and in their stock form while fast, aren't unbeatable by ANY means.

So that's pretty much the low-down on Skylines from someone who spends ALOT of time with them.

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
He asked why they we're 90 k new. It doesn't have anything to do with Japan. I was quessing, not assuming, because there is a difference.

So they aren't rare, nor exotic, but considering I am not in Japan, I think it was a fair guess, for them being so rare here.

You have a valid point with the public attention from media, which let's Nissan jack up the price, but, might i remind you that there ARE car's that can compete with the skyline, Supra TT, NSX, Hell, Ferrari F355 Used, ETc. They aren't godly, but they are nice and rare, which I think let's nissan jack up the price overseas.

GTR2b
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
He asked why they we're 90 k new. It doesn't have anything to do with Japan. I was quessing, not assuming, because there is a difference.

So they aren't rare, nor exotic, but considering I am not in Japan, I think it was a fair guess, for them being so rare here.

You have a valid point with the public attention from media, which let's Nissan jack up the price, but, might i remind you that there ARE car's that can compete with the skyline, Supra TT, NSX, Hell, Ferrari F355 Used, ETc. They aren't godly, but they are nice and rare, which I think let's nissan jack up the price overseas.

You really should just stop speaking NOS because most posts you make just reveal your ignorance even further. I've been doing a good job keeping quiet lately but I can't take it any more.

Now, instead of taking my correcting you like a man and saying, "thank you", you felt compelled to justify your earlier statement. Big mistake kid. Now I'm going to take apart THIS post.

OK, the original poster was simply asking if we thought that Skylines were overpriced and why that is. 90k was NEVER brought up. Also, you can't buy a Skyline new, they stopped making them a few years ago. That is, unless you are talking about the G35 and those are most definitely NOT overpriced. Japan has everything to do with it seeing how that's where the cars are from and where the most Skyline-skilled people are. And guessing is far worse than assuming you idiot. A guess is a shot in the dark while an assumption usually has some kind of initial information to be based on.

You also really don't need to point out that you aren't in Japan, it's obvious enough.

I know I had a valid point, but Nissan did NOT jack up the price and for your own info, auto makers have nothing to do with the price of the car after the car is sold for the first time. Out of all the cars that you mentioned, only 1 of which could be considered to be in the same class as a Skyline and that's the 2JZ Supra. If I have to explain car classes to you, then you should go find out before attempting to educate me again. I never said that Skylines were Godly either. You just love assuming and guessing don't you? And again, Skylnes are only rare outside of Japan and Nissan has nothing to do with the prices.

Now, get off of Razor's nuts and stop trying to be a mod around here. You aren't one, I doubt your will ever be one and I, among others, hope you never will.

Skyline_R32_Canada
12-23-2004, 07:07 PM
You really should just stop speaking NOS because most posts you make just reveal your ignorance even further. I've been doing a good job keeping quiet lately but I can't take it any more.

Now, instead of taking my correcting you like a man and saying, "thank you", you felt compelled to justify your earlier statement. Big mistake kid. Now I'm going to take apart THIS post.

OK, the original poster was simply asking if we thought that Skylines were overpriced and why that is. 90k was NEVER brought up. Also, you can't buy a Skyline new, they stopped making them a few years ago. That is, unless you are talking about the G35 and those are most definitely NOT overpriced. Japan has everything to do with it seeing how that's where the cars are from and where the most Skyline-skilled people are. And guessing is far worse than assuming you idiot. A guess is a shot in the dark while an assumption usually has some kind of initial information to be based on.

You also really don't need to point out that you aren't in Japan, it's obvious enough.

I know I had a valid point, but Nissan did NOT jack up the price and for your own info, auto makers have nothing to do with the price of the car after the car is sold for the first time. Out of all the cars that you mentioned, only 1 of which could be considered to be in the same class as a Skyline and that's the 2JZ Supra. If I have to explain car classes to you, then you should go find out before attempting to educate me again. I never said that Skylines were Godly either. You just love assuming and guessing don't you? And again, Skylnes are only rare outside of Japan and Nissan has nothing to do with the prices.

Now, get off of Razor's nuts and stop trying to be a mod around here. You aren't one, I doubt your will ever be one and I, among others, hope you never will.

:owned: :owned:

best post this forum has seen in a while

ZedEx
12-23-2004, 08:51 PM
... Woah...

Aight guys lets calm down here, and just let it slide.

But as for GTR's compared to other cars, they arent all that great in my opinion. Everyone makes them out to be such an amazing machine, when the fact is, they aren't all that great, until money is poured into them.

Go ahead and pair a 1993 BNR32 versus a 1993 300ZedX Twin Turbo and a 1993 JZA80 Supra 2JZ GTE... And see who comes out on top.

In anything... Top speed, quarter mile, road coursing, etc.

And I bet the figures will be pretty close between the three... They are all pretty heavy vehicles, with pretty substantial Horsepower.

But as for the struggle of getting a Skyline in the states... Not worth it to me... Not at all.

Not when a Zed32 Twin Turbo can be paired against it anyday. And I can get one of those already US Road Legal, for a third or a fourth of the price of importing a Skyline of any year.

... Who else is in agreement with me here? Its not as if GTR is a Koenigsegg CCR, or a Ferrari F50... Its an inline six 2600cc twin turbo road car... Why go through all of that trouble to import a normal car?

It doesnt make any sense to me... I've said it before... And apperently I'll say it again. "Wait for the 25 year rule to come into effect... Be patient"

-Wes

GTR2b
12-23-2004, 11:38 PM
As I said earlier...

"They aren't rare, they are pretty cheap for the most part and in their stock form while fast, aren't unbeatable by ANY means."

Damn I hate having to repeat myself.

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-24-2004, 12:25 AM

Please read - I think

As in
v. thought, (thôt) think·ing, thinks
v. tr.
To have or formulate in the mind. <LI type=a>To reason about or reflect on; ponder: Think how complex language is. Think the matter through. <LI type=a>To decide by reasoning, reflection, or pondering: thinking what to do. To judge or regard; look upon: I think it only fair.
To believe; suppose: always thought he was right.

<LI type=a>To expect; hope: They thought she'd arrive early. <LI type=a>To intend: They thought they'd take their time. To call to mind; remember: I can't think what her name was.
To visualize; imagine: Think what a scene it will be at the reunion.
To devise or evolve; invent: thought up a plan to get rich quick.
To bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation: He thought himself into a panic over the impending examination.
To concentrate one's thoughts on: “Think languor” (Diana Vreeland).
Hmm...

Okay, I never said you said skylines were godly, I was just pointing out that I thought that maybe some of the newbs thought they were godly, but they come into the same performance classes as some of these cars. Which, is unfortunate, because these cars have to be 50k USD more when new (R34 GTR)

I also never said that they were jacked up in price after first sale. I specifically said that Nissan had jacked up the price partially from media attention. It was merely an assumption, as in, my thoughts on the matter. Which is what the original thread creator asked for. It didn't mean it was hard fact, but merely my oppinion on the matter.

I'm not on Razor's nuts, I'm merely expresing my oppinion, ass hole.

If you don't like it, too bad. I'm sure that there are some people that don't like the fact that I share my oppinion. But too bad, I'm going to. I don't think I did anything to agrivate you, yet. I merely corrected the post, of which you were using to correct mine. I didn't openly attack you, but since now you have ataacked my post for no apparent reason what so ever, what the hell.

I have tried not to make any personal attacks on you, or any other user, but I don't see the point in defending my posts if these attacks are turning personal. It's much easier to defend myself. Yeah, I know it's hard if you dissagree with someone's oppinion, but learn to live with it, I'm here. It's the internet, meaning, as long as what I say is in the guidelines of where I am, it's ok.

So why don't you get off my case, or ignore my posts if you don't like it. If I have something to contribute, I will contribute. Skip it, but I'm sure someone will find something useful from it. Sorry if you don't like it.

I'm just going to dismiss any further posts you make as to this subject, as so not to attract too much attention. Somehow I knew if I tried to offer my oppinion, someone would expoloit and attack it. Thank's for makin my day.

The "kid" (God I wish people could put aside their ignorence, and age discrimination, and just address people by who they are online, not off)

GTR2b
12-24-2004, 01:04 AM
So to sum up your point of view.

Since this is the internet and you can say whatever you want, you are going to use that power to make up random crap and post it as your "opinion" for the world to see. And that if you are wrong about something everyone can just kiss your ass.

Nice point of view. No wonder you can't spell I-G-N-O-R-A-N-C-E.

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Sorry if I spell something wrong, I type quick and might spell something wrong everyonce in a paragraph...

And my point of view is that I can express what I think on a forum, and if it's in the guidelines, it's ok. If I'm wrong, so be it. In this case, he asked what we thought, as in our opinions on the matter. So I gave mine. Big deal.

Skyline_R32_Canada
12-24-2004, 04:54 PM
i think he's just trying to get you to think twice about what you type and post, be it opinion or not, he's not trying to be a dick he's just trying to save you further embarassment from other people

ZedEx
12-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Yea I agree with Skyline R32 Canadianese there... Hes not trying to bust your chops, just trying to help you out there. So take it for what its worth.

-Wes

HighOctaneNOSUser
12-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Alright, but he coulda just said so, rather than have the satisfaction of making me look like a complete and utter moron.

I think that there are nicer ways of putting somethign across, but I guess what's done is done.

S'all good, no hard feelings.

EvoCrazy
12-28-2004, 07:16 PM
I bet its to make the idiot ricers stay away...

Add your comment to this topic!