Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please Respond Fast Help Me Please Oh God Not Now

carmyfreek9101
12-22-2004, 09:39 AM
my hood was in the shop to be painted on my 91 camry and it snowed out the next day and with no hood my whole engine is frozen....all my throttle cables are frozen and i tried to start it and the first few times it starts but just dies then i find out that my o2 sensor is frozen take it inside and thaw it out. Car starts but the sensor freezes in the middle of the start and makes the car iddle at really high, yet it dies i try to start it again and a pop then dies but not really loud i look at the engine and by whole intake was blown off even though it was BARELY on though it was off now i am afraid to start it and know that i have a blown engine is there anyway possible to get it unfrozen and to run (if not blown) please tell em fast so i canm get this off my mind

Mike Gerber
12-22-2004, 01:54 PM
First of all, make sure your air intake is clear of snow. The car will not run if it can not take in any air. Clean as much of the snow away from everthing you can.

By your intake being off do you mean where the air intake attaches to the throttle body? If so, just clear the area of snow and reattach it and put a clamp on it to hold it to the throttlebody.

I don't understand what you are doing with your O2 sensor. The working portion of the O2 sensor is inside the exhaust manifold. Snow should not affect it.

Mike

WickedNYCowboy
12-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Why didn't you put a tarp over the engine bay to protect it? But clean the snow off. The working part of O2 sensor is in the manifold(exhaust) and should not be effected by snow. Clear the snow off of everything you can get at then start up and git r done. I doubt the engine blew. Also just reattach the intake at the throttle body making sure it is clear of all snow.

Mike Gerber
12-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Also make sure your tailpipe is free of snow and other obstructions.

Mike

carmyfreek9101
12-25-2004, 01:44 PM
this is the guy that has the problem the car wants to turn over and all the snow is free of the intake but from some reason when i start the car it blows the whole inake off the engine!!?? as soon as it blows off the car dies should i take a heater and melt the ice and snow off the engine??

Mike Gerber
12-25-2004, 03:50 PM
It wouldn't hurt to try the heater.

Also check to see if any animals have crawled in to the intake ducting or the exhaust pipe while it was being stored. Stranger things have happened.

Mike

jsinton
12-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Just clean it off, and dry it out. You got ice and water in all the electrical connections. Don't freak out trying to fix things.

Add your comment to this topic!