Where Does My Block Heater Cable Plug???

LincolnLS
12-22-2004, 12:23 AM
I purchased my 2000 LS V8 Sport used about 10 months ago. There was a 6' power cord which I am assuming is for the block heater but I can't find where it plugs in. The end opposite the power plug has a 3 horizontal hole female connector on a rectangle which looks like it plugs into an accessory outlet...not directly to the block heater. I looked in the trunk where the cable was, in the openings of the bumper covers, all around the front, sides, and back of the engine bay but can't seem to find a place for it to plug into. I even had a friend of mine look as well to get a fresh set of eyes and he couldn't find it either. Any help would be appreciated as it is getting cold up here in Ottawa and I would like to be able to plug in the car if possible.

I feel like I'm :banghead:. Who designs these things anyway?

I can post a picture of the end of the cable if needed.

OldBeau
12-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I purchased my 2000 LS V8 Sport used about 10 months ago. There was a 6' power cord which I am assuming is for the block heater but I can't find where it plugs in. The end opposite the power plug has a 3 horizontal hole female connector on a rectangle which looks like it plugs into an accessory outlet...not directly to the block heater. I looked in the trunk where the cable was, in the openings of the bumper covers, all around the front, sides, and back of the engine bay but can't seem to find a place for it to plug into. I even had a friend of mine look as well to get a fresh set of eyes and he couldn't find it either. Any help would be appreciated as it is getting cold up here in Ottawa and I would like to be able to plug in the car if possible.

I feel like I'm :banghead:. Who designs these things anyway?

I can post a picture of the end of the cable if needed.

If you look in between the slats of the lower grille section on the passenger side between the license plate and the fog light you will find a little black door that opens to reveal your block heater receptacle, sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious!, and hey!! it's cold down here in Brockville Too!, good luck, regards

el es
12-28-2004, 10:20 PM
If you look in between the slats of the lower grille section on the passenger side between the license plate and the fog light you will find a little black door that opens to reveal your block heater receptacle, sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious!, and hey!! it's cold down here in Brockville Too!, good luck, regards

holy cow the car actually has a block heater. Well thanks for the education. I was completely unaware of it. 5 years of ownership and countless hours of DIY projects and still learning.

OldBeau
12-28-2004, 11:08 PM
holy cow the car actually has a block heater. Well thanks for the education. I was completely unaware of it. 5 years of ownership and countless hours of DIY projects and still learning.

Hey el es! love your sense of humour in the other post!, just went outside to have a smoke and have a look for exact location, middle slat of lower grill about one inch to the left of the license plate!, I used to sell at a Ford dealership and since this was used on a few models people would always come back in and ask "What's this here thing used fer", I suppose vehicles destined for warm weather state's like your's may not have it though.

CGGorman
12-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah, it was an option. The dongle was hidden with the spare when the option was ordered.

el es
12-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I know I have a spare but fortunately have not had to use it, knock on wood.

LincolnLS
12-31-2004, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the info. I now see why I couldn't find where to plug it...it's busted off...all that's left is a flat peice of plastic with 2 screws...no part sticking down with the cover/plug on it. Also noticed one of the vertical slats broken at the top...like anyone is going to look at something like that when buying a used car...well...I will next time...wonder what this is gonna cost me to fix...

Add your comment to this topic!