Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

accord key and sport shift problem

jcmmako
12-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Hello.....I have a 90 accord (mint with 100 000 miles) so I do not want to part with it. I have trouble removing the key. Often when shifting into park, the red light will not activate right away and so the key is stuck until this light goes on....anywhere from 30 sec to a few minutes depending how cold it is. Just this week, the sport shift is stuck. The button goes in and out but the car will not kick into the higher gear. Any suggestions please! different problems or related to the same issue?

mpumas
12-21-2004, 10:26 PM
First problem is a dirty gear shift selector switch which is located on the center console to the left of the selector. Remove the cover by removing the four screws and you will see the switch. It is made of white plastic. You can disassemble the switch without removing it. Clean the contacts, grease lightly and reassemble. The second issue has been addressed in other posts on this board.

AccordCodger
12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Wow, somebody who actually CARES about the sport shift!?

jcmmako
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
I never touch the sport shift because I think it is a waste...but a friend drove my car and used it....now I care because the when this is engaged, the engine will not shift into high gear.

mpumas
12-22-2004, 11:56 PM
"The light displays a problem with the TCU or a sensor that feeds the TCU.

Add your comment to this topic!