Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Q45 Timing Chain Guide Question

ssstewar
12-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Hello all. This is a great resource for me & my 91 Q. I purchased this beauty in August '04 with 91K miles. It is absolutely perfect with the exception of a three things. 1. Analog clock does not work. 2. I do not know if the Chain Guide issue has been dealt with yet. 3. The front BOSE speaker amps need replacing, they emit a very high-pitched Schreech!!! intermittently.

1. What is a good way to troubleshoot the clock? I find it hard to believe the clock itself is broken. I suspect an electrical issue / no power getting to the clock.

2. Is there any way to see if the Chain Guides have been replaced? I do not possess any mechanical records on this vehicle whatsoever. (Bummer) Also, I've read alot about T3 in Atlanta. Anyone have any other suggestions on where to get this done right??? (I live in the Florida Panhandle.)

3. I took the door panel off and removed the faulty amps. Where can I send these for repair/replacement? (Besides BOSE)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Sam

infinman
12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
1.Check fuse. If ok it's the clock itself {common problem}
2.There is no way of telling if guides have been done.
3.I have dozens of amps.Problem is , I'm in Canada

Q45Q45
01-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi,
I have had great luck with finding used Q45 parts on Ebay. You should try it, cheaper than going to the dealer...

Add your comment to this topic!